Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 02:27 PM

Default 3/6 online. Flop top set and slow played.

UTG is a passive donk. Limps any broadway card, not sure he knows what a kicker is. He is low stacked in this hand.

Mp1 is an aggressive player, I have seen him cap A5s. Last 2 hand he has raised into limpers and I have 3 bet him. with AK then AQ, missed the flops and had to give up on the turn both times.

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls $7 (All-In), MP1 calls.

River: (11.91 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.91 BB
Old 11-07-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: 3/6 online. Flop top set and slow played.

If you raise the flop, this guy might sometimes 3-bet you. Then you can get cute and call and raise the turn with UTG "pot committed."
Old 11-07-2007, 02:35 PM

This hand plays itself. Just raise the flop and keep on betting.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:51 PM

By just calling the flop you give UTG correct odds to call if he has two of J/T/9 for a gushot or he may pick up a real draw on the turn if he has two diamonds or whatever.

Plus since MP1 is aggressive you just lose a lot of the value in slowplaying in general because the idea is to be able to get more bets in on the bigger streets but it sounds like this guy is going to do that anyhow.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:27 PM

Since MP1 is pretty agressive and will probably spew, I would raise and hope he 3-bets. If he does, I would call and then pop/cap the turn.

I think you lose too much value playing it this way.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:23 PM

why would you do anything but raise at any point in this hand?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:56 PM

I am pretty sure the call on the flop is to induce an overcall from the shortstack. Once he gets to the turn he raises to get an extra bet. The river is notsoez because of the bd flush and straight but it is an obv spot to b/c for value.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:26 PM

This is about as disconnected a flop as you can get, so he cannot have a strong draw. He should have AQ, KQ, AA, KK or 88 or something like that, but a really aggressive player might have something that completely missed this flop too. In spite of the disconnected flop, the backdoor flush draw still got there. If the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] was not on the board I might be more worried about it.

If MP1 were a passive player, maybe a slow play in this case where it is HU with a preflop raiser on a disconnected board would be justified, but I see no reason to slow play an aggressive player here. Exploit his aggression. Raise the flop.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By just calling the flop you give UTG correct odds to call if he has two of J/T/9 for a gushot

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter, he'll be all in anyway. The money to make is in the other seat.