Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 08:58 AM

Default 5/10 Live, combined marginal draws

The game is just your loose 6-7 to the flop passive I don't reraise my nut boat on the river because I like you 5/10 live game. Main villain in this hand play is loose and passive as well, but a bit less than the rest. On to the hand.

6 limpers, and I check my small blind (sb=bb in this game) with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The big blind checks as well.

The flop is 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8sb)

I bet, because betting is nice, and I figure I have an equity edge against the field. two people call, the hijack raises, Button calls, I call, the original callers fold.

The turn is the fantastic K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], for 8bb's and threehanded

I check, hijack bets (I put him on the straight for sure now), button calls, and I call.

River is the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for 11bb's

Hero donks, hijack calls, button calls.

I was mainly wondering about my flop bet (is my equity enough?), and my river bet or do you go for the checkraise? How does this change if the flop came with two clubs, and the river came the third?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: 5/10 Live, combined marginal draws

Another question, if the turn was clubless, do you continue?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:13 AM

A fair amount of the time, you have the best hand on the flop with this flop missing anyone who played high or medium cards. It would be very vulnerable without the additional draws, but those draws make your hand strong.

If you're behind to A2 or an overpair, you still have a lot of outs -- up to 11.5, with 8 straight outs, 2 4's and 1.5 for the BDFD. In the rare instances you're behind the nut straight, you still have chop outs in addition to the BDFD. Bet the draw on the flop.

Definitely continue on the turn without a club. You're getting 10:1 and have way more than 4 outs even before counting implied odds.

I think the river is a clear c/r unless you've noticed your villain is particularly passive and sees lots of monsters on the river. Your flush is well disguised, and it's hard to see a straight checking here. Even a set shouldn't have too much to be afraid of here, and you've already stated that an overpair to the flop wouldn't have bet the turn when the K hit.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:22 PM

i like the bet. the pot's pretty big on the flop and we have a decent draw and a vulnerable made hand. any overcards that fold as a result of the bet is great. if you knew one or two of the late position players were the "bet when checked to"-type, checkraising would be a really strong option as well. obviously our hand has a better chance of standing up UI shorthanded.

since we aren't drawing to only the idiot end of the straight, i would probably call the turn even if we didn't hit the club draw. we have a bunch of overlay given the pot size.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:03 PM

i think you definately want to bet this; you have so many outs. I'd play this to get as many bets in with as many players as possible.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:04 PM

yup
Old 08-22-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Main villain in this hand play is loose and passive as well, but a bit less than the rest.

6 limpers, and I check my small blind (sb=bb in this game) with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The big blind checks as well.

The flop is 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8sb)

I bet, because betting is nice, and I figure I have an equity edge against the field. two people call, the hijack raises, Button calls, I call, the original callers fold.

The turn is the fantastic K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], for 8bb's and threehanded

I check, hijack bets (I put him on the straight for sure now),

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious that he wouldn't raise the flop and bet the turn with anything less than a straight? How would he play 66 for an overpair+OESD, 2 pair, or a set, when you say he is "a bit less [passive] than the rest?"
Old 08-23-2007, 11:13 AM

* grunch *

Preflop obvious.

I 3bet the flop. I count about 11.5 outs or so (4 Sevens, 4 Twos, 2 Fours and a backdoor flush draw; Sixes probably ain't worth much since they put a four card straight on board); sure there is a chance of split pot but I think we still have an equity edge here. Even if players behind us fold and it's only three to the turn, I think the 3bet is at worst break-even; if only one more player comes along then we're laughing.

Turn I think is just a call. Even though we have a zillion outs (what, about 17 here or so?) I think we are at best break-even equity wise.

River I usually check/raise. The villain won't be expecting the backdoor flush so hopefully you can trap him and the button for more bets. This is a little read dependent though; there are certain villains at my table that automatically check thru any flush river (especially if first two flush cards were on flop) so if up against them I would have to lead out.

GcluelessnoobG
Old 08-23-2007, 11:37 AM

*grunch*

That's how I'd play it...trying to c/r the river is bad because villian will probably slow down with the third club and checking around sux 4 u.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:48 AM

yup, river is a must-bet as draw got there & this checks through too much... OP said it was a passive live game, I see str8 check here all the time live.