Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 11-15-2007, 08:05 AM

Default This forum really needs to go into the NL Forum

I was called an idiot for not posting here when it was found out I was a limit player going to NL. Yet - I never knew this was here - seems that is the problem.

Subject is NL but it's in a Limit forum.

Just a suggestion.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Re: This forum really needs to go into the NL Forum

It's all very confusing. I started with LHE and switched over to FR NL, I now play 25NL.

This board is very quiet and I was wondering at which stage should I give up on it and switch to Full Ring NL forum for good?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:15 AM

Its a pity that there is so little traffic in this forum. In its early days there were some great discussions here, and there still are some, but they develop very, very slowly.

It may be an advantage to have a NL forum which isnt as crowded as the regular ones. Im lurking in those regular Forums. As an ambitioned but not experienced NL player i find it difficult to separate the trash from the matters among all those posts. Its just too much there. Here, unfortunately, its too little. Alobar and Surf are great, Sushiglutton is asking inspiring questions, but thats about it (sorry to those i overlooked, forgot or didnt understand).

In my opinion this forum is in need of regular contributors who will not end every post with the disclaimer that actually they are not sure what they are talking about. That's a problem we all have, that's why we are here. This has the potential to be a popular place where this strange game of NL can be explored.

After studying some of the most viewed threads I had decided to put my first NL posts in here. I still feel that some of my stupid questions should not be asked in the regular forums - but Im looking for answers. So I will start posting hands there now, although I am not happy with it because i feel that with some of my problems Ill be at the wrong place.

It may be a good idea to put this forum into the NL forums. Maybe it would also be helpful to not exclusively adress FL players changing to NL. Why not give it a more general name, "NL explorers" for instance? This would adress people who have gained experience in other forms of poker, have a certain understanding of the game, a 4- or 5-digit bankroll and do not need to start in the microlimits.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:09 PM

I feel a little bad, I like this forum and could indeed contribute, but I never get around to it.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel a little bad, I like this forum and could indeed contribute, but I never get around to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I like this forum a lot, and would love to contribute but I just dont feel qualified to do so, cuz my advice prolly blows. And I don't post hands here because they don't get many replies. It's a vicious cycle here, not many people reply because we feel unsure and dont want to give bad advice, and not many post because there arent many replies
Old 11-15-2007, 04:37 PM

That is MY problem - I certainly have opinions but being new to NL am not sure if they tare correct!

Perhaps it would be best to post hands here AND explain YOUR thought process in the part of the hand that was
troublesome.

I have one that I will copy over from the micro forum (I know this is BAD but perhaps it will get the ball moving.

I think new people SHOULD express their opinions even if they MIGHT be incorrect. Seeing a hand from different angles right or wrong is beneficial.