Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Articles on razz

I'm looking for good articles on razz game, I'd like to learn better the game.Somebody would help me?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Articles on razz

Well sir you've come to the right place! If you click on the handy red linky at the top of the page that says "Two plus two internet magazine" you will find a very good one in this month's edition. If you then click on the "September Issue" link on the magazine page you will find another interesting article on the game of razz. But hurry, the link for the September magazine is only good until November 30th!
Old 11-20-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for good articles on razz game, I'd like to learn better the game.Somebody would help me?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are brand, brand, brand new - google razz strategy and read a few things - kinda basic but it will get you started. SG is Doc Razz around here - so give it a try and post some hand histories - lots of people will chime in. And, just start reading the Razz posts - that's what I did, you'll get a lot of from the comments and be way ahead before you start playing.

Oh yeah, and be sure to read the Razz play rules on your poker site.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are brand, brand, brand new - google razz strategy and read a few things - kinda basic but it will get you started. SG is Doc Razz around here - so give it a try and post some hand histories - lots of people will chime in. And, just start reading the Razz posts - that's what I did, you'll get a lot of from the comments and be way ahead before you start playing.

Oh yeah, and be sure to read the Razz play rules on your poker site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Making friends with a solid Razz player is a good idea. I spent about an hour and a half going over fundamentals and strategy with a buddy of mine on Full-Tilt and it improved my game a lot. Don't watched advanced players like Yuvee04 or Huck Seed, or Firenze on that site untill you have hours of playing time under your belt and have a handle on the game. Also check out The end of Chip Reese's Seven Card Stud section in Super System I. While he didn't write it, its solid, fundamental advice for cash game play. For Tournament strategy, The aforementioned Huck Seed and Ted Forrest have a good section in the Full-Tilt Tournament Strategy Guide. At the minimum, watch JBrennan or Droog567 play on that same site--SOLID players. I hope that was usefull . . .