Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Official EPT Monte Carlo thread

it's been said on Gavin's sweat thread, but I'm going to say it here also: Fantastic! job pokerstars on the live broadcast!! It was very enjoyable, and so incredibly well done.

Also: good luck to Shane, Jeff, (especially) Jimmy, and any other 2+2ers in the Irish Open [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Cash games?

I'm actually about to fly out to Monte Carlo (a week late, i Know) to chill with some friends there.

Unfortunately, I was reading on their hotel web site and they don't even mention Hold Em Poker as one of their games so I wanted to make sure they had cash games year round before I fly out. I was wondering how the cash games are like at the Monte Carlo if there are. Thanks for your replies.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Cash games?

no cash games at monte carlo
Old 04-02-2007, 09:07 PM

I don't think they have poker rooms at all in Monte Carlo. This was just part of the EPT.

After a week in MC, I'm thinking of going to WPT Paris just to play cash/sngs. I've never seen such soft games before.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm actually about to fly out to Monte Carlo (a week late, i Know) to chill with some friends there.

Unfortunately, I was reading on their hotel web site and they don't even mention Hold Em Poker as one of their games so I wanted to make sure they had cash games year round before I fly out. I was wondering how the cash games are like at the Monte Carlo if there are. Thanks for your replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think poker is illegal in Monaco, these tournaments have some sort of special permission. Sounds weird since it is known for gambling, but laws there are very strict in many ways.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:38 AM

UGH

just missed my flight from rome to ny. i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad right now. i had an hour layover, so it was already going to be tight. also, alitalia did what no other airline i've EVER flown with has done, and made me retrieve my luggage halfway through my trip because i was going to be changing airlines. i've taken multi-airline trips on multiple occassions and they've NEVER asked me to retrieve my luggage when i switched airlines.

anyway i go to get my luggage from baggage check, and see that the luggage for the flight from nice will be conveyor belt 9. so i go to belt 9 and wait. and wait. and wait. suddenly it's 20 minutes before i'm supposed to be on my flight and i'm freaking out. then it's about 15 minutes before my flight leaves when some alitalia rep comes up to the belt and goes "we are sorry, we made a mistake, your luggage is actually on belt 11."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! so i go, and sure enough, my bag is just sitting there. i pick it up and run to the delta counter and they've already left for the gate, and security won't let me through with my luggage. so now i'm [censored], and i'm sitting here waiting for someone to come to the delta counter so i can, i dunno, get on the next flight i guess. i don't know if i have to pay for the extra flight or not. GOOD TIMES.

anyway, a [censored] ending to a great trip. yesterday was a lot of fun. it's too bad this had to happen. and somehow i just knew, when alitalia was making me pick up my bags in rome, that some stupid [censored] was going to happen. and sure enough, here i am. sigh. i'll update when i learn more.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no cash games at monte carlo

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost cried when I learned this -_-
Old 04-05-2007, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Luske already out so the table just got a bit easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marcel Luske Eliminated
The Flying Dutchman crashed and burned when he was one of the first bust outs. Luske had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and flopped trips on a board of A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . Marcel bet small with trips and got a caller. The turn was 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Luske bet small again to appear weak. His opponent reraised him and he called. The river was 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . Luske bet out and was raised on the river. He only had about 1K behind and called with trip Aces. His opponent rivered a runner-runner wheel with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] as Luske headed to the rail.

Tough way to bust as the 1st player after 30 minutes of play...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was villian in this hand and they got it a little wrong:

isabelle mercier opens from late position to 150, i (tight image) make it 550 from the button with 4d5d, marcel coldcalls in the sb, isabelle folds.

flop is AAT rainbow (one diamond). he donks for 700, i put him on queens or jacks and call trying to take the pot away later.
turn 2d, so now i have a flushdraw and a gutshot. he bets again, 1100 into a pot of almost 3k and i still didnt think he had an ace so i raised him up to 2900 which he called.

on the river the beautiful 3 came off he bet out again for 3k i set him all-in for about 5k more and win against his AKo.

I hope the hand makes a little more sense now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Luske already out so the table just got a bit easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marcel Luske Eliminated
The Flying Dutchman crashed and burned when he was one of the first bust outs. Luske had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and flopped trips on a board of A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . Marcel bet small with trips and got a caller. The turn was 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Luske bet small again to appear weak. His opponent reraised him and he called. The river was 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . Luske bet out and was raised on the river. He only had about 1K behind and called with trip Aces. His opponent rivered a runner-runner wheel with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] as Luske headed to the rail.

Tough way to bust as the 1st player after 30 minutes of play...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was villian in this hand and they got it a little wrong:

isabelle mercier opens from late position to 150, i (tight image) make it 550 from the button with 4d5d, marcel coldcalls in the sb, isabelle folds.

flop is AAT rainbow (one diamond). he donks for 700, i put him on queens or jacks and call trying to take the pot away later.
turn 2d, so now i have a flushdraw and a gutshot. he bets again, 1100 into a pot of almost 3k and i still didnt think he had an ace so i raised him up to 2900 which he called.

on the river the beautiful 3 came off he bet out again for 3k i set him all-in for about 5k more and win against his AKo.

I hope the hand makes a little more sense now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was also on the table. I was shocked you pushed without a fullhouse in this hand. And even more shocked Marcel called without a fullhouse. He really should have TT the way he played it.

It was a bit early for you to think you had atight image wasn't it?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:09 AM

with tight image i mean: i played 2 or 3 hands till that point and didnt get to showdown. compared to marcel who played around 15-20 thats quite tight.