Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: We\'re Micro stakes, but freerolls?

It sounds like the man needs to take the time he spends on poker and spend it looking for a job/placeToLive instead. TBH, if you are technically homeless and one of your primary priorities is finding money to play poker, it's not a good sign.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:08 PM

i think that work money and poker money should be completely seperate. work money is what u live off of, but the money u put into poker should be money you would put into any other hobbies. poker money should be looked at as simply a hobby and if anything only additional money, but certainly not your only means of income.

as far as the freerolls go, the electricity you would pay from playing the freerolls would probably be more than what you would get from it anyways. i would just deposit a small amount.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:42 PM

All right guys, i'll try typing slower.

He doesn't play live, or have the cash to deposit RIGHT NOW.

He still enjoys playing, and he wants to play freerolls.

Please understand this part...HE WANTS TO PLAY FREEROLLS.

He has a job, he works 50 hours a week, the problem was, he got in debt about 2 months ago when he had to quit his previous job.

NOW, he's crashed on a friend's couch, working 50 hours a week, getting caught up on bills, and in about 2-3 months, he'll be able to play live again.

IN THE MEAN TIME, HE WANTS TO PLAY FREEROLLS.

Shesh, you people act like everyone plays poker to try and make a living. He doesn't. He plays 100% because he likes to play.

Right now though, because he can't go play live like he wants, he's stuck playing freerolls.

And everyone stop putting your thin little brags here. So what, i won .20 in freerolls and took that to 1,000. I cashed out most of it and now i play 10NL and 25Nl mostly. I understand how a deposit would have sped up my process as well as his, but he's not trying to make fat stacks.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:53 PM

If you like free rolls and cant deposit ...play freerolls. And disregard the idiots that like telling you how much better they are than you are.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:03 PM

There's already a few people telling you that the good ole days of freerolls are over. He's not gonna be able to get a decent roll like that, especially working 50 hours a week. If he wants to waste time, tell him to play on Stars freerolls. Personally I'd rather just do play money and wait the 2-3 months.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:46 AM

There are no good freerolls, as I told the best are those from the small sites, because they have the least players registering. One guy already posted a great link about freerolls.
Told u already about actionpoker.com, there are a bunch of FRs there.
I just say to convince him not to play those [censored] donkaments and grind it out. Dammit and tell him not to waste his cash trying to play 1-2 live, cuz I got quite a feeling he is not a good enough player yet.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather get a paper route or something and deposit than ever play a freeroll

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-28-2007, 05:58 AM

There are no freerolls. Time is money. Tell him to get a job at a telemarketing company, work for two days, PROFIT, quit and deposit. That's more free than spending hours and hours grinding freerolls and nano stakes until you finally have a couple of hundred enter the micros.
Closed Thread