Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Wealth: all in the mind?

[ QUOTE ]
The only real commodity you have is TIME. Get the money so you can be the master of your TIME. Thats the only thing that money is good for.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can't agree with this sentiment enough. Fantastic post by spex all around.

I'm different in that I love to travel (as does my wife) and that's where I find I most enjoy spending my time and $$$, so that's where I spend it. To me it's worth taking two weeks off and dropping a month's salary on a good vacation; no one savors the memory of buying their last TV, but I can remember scuba-diving the Great Barrier Reef 5 years ago as though it was yesterday.

But that's me. The point is, find something that you love spending time on (other than what makes you money) and go spend your time on it. If it's something you also need to spend a significant amount of money on (e.g. woodworking, skydiving, restoring classic cars), consider yourself lucky that you can afford it at 23. 95% of people can't, and as a result they always resolve to do it "later" ... and never do.

Best of luck.

Mook