Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Mr. Gatorade’s Lies cost me over 70k at Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
FTP could easily have evidence that makes this suggestion completely pointless.

what if the bot has, say, 10 different exact timing delays and it varies its timing between these 10 at random? so the bot makes one move in 0.322 seconds, the next in 0.255 seconds, then back to 0.322, etc.? could she magically disprove the use of a bot? no, thus it would be completely useless for this to ever happen.

[/ QUOTE ]
And how are you making these timing measurements? Certainly not at your server because the variable internet delay would be a joke. You would have to write a piece of software that ran inside the poker client on the user's PC. A client that shares the PC with dozens of other Windows processes. Maybe all you really measured is the times when the Windows scheduler allowed your process to run. Or maybe you have a software bug that only occurs in a few special environments. PCs are like snowflakes--no two are exactly the same. No matter how much testing you did it was never on a machine quite like hers. That's one of the reasons that so many new poker client releases crash after they are released.

The preceding paragraph was purely an example but it is amazing how easily certainty can slip through your fingers when dealing with computers.

When I'm not playing poker I develop and troubleshoot large software-intensive systems. I wish I had a nickel for every time an engineer told me something was impossible which later proved to be actually happening. Software is full of unexpected interactions and hidden flaws. Human analysts overlook things and make logic errors. I really feel for the PokerStars guy who was 100% certain Teddy's Mom was a bot. Almost eveyone doing real system work makes a horrible analysis mistake eventually. You just pray it doesn't come at a bad time.

If beatme1 can multitable thousands of hands in a controlled online environment and produce the exact statistical betting patterns of the "bot" that would be nearly iron-clad proof that she wasn't a bot.

If you continue to ignore evidence like that then you are a fool. The only reasonable reaction with conflicting "proofs" is to tear all the evidence apart and reexamine it until you figure out which of your conflicting 100% certain facts is actually flawed. Failing that you say "reasonable doubt" and give her money back.

PS: A live play exhibition would be pretty useless. It would be strange if her live and online games were identical. Any good player is going to be influenced by physical tells and other psychological factors. Even if she could somehow ignore live factors her opponents couldn't.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Then let FTP easily step up and SHOW THE EVIDENCE.

[/ QUOTE ]
To who?
Old 06-09-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do you have any comment to the results you get if you look you up at sharkscope?

ROI: -97% on 67 tournaments at pokerroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cash game only player that sometimes blows off steam / tilt-plays some tournies?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are logged in to sharkscope and look up the specifics, you see that it is only headsup tournaments.
ROI -97% on 67 HU tournaments?!?! No way is that possible by tilting, you would get at least 20-30% wins. I see only two reasonable possibilities: Chip dumping or a bot with bugs. Any third alternative, beatme1?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I think I have answered every reasonable question that has been asked in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you haven't. Please explain how such a tournament track record is possible to obtain.

All: I agree that process is important but I think the guilt question is important also and without a reasonable answer to this, I personally think the guilt issue seems pretty clear.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I personally think he is guilty

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched you play on pokerroom 3-4 years ago and you always(always)had a few tables opened sitting by yourself 24 hours a day....I worked nights and always wondered...does this guy/gal sit and watch his/her table all night, everyday?

Then at 3 in the morning someone would join and you would insta post ur blind.

Not saying I know for fact you're guilty, but your mo at pokerroom matches your mo at ftp.

If you did use a bot which you probably did, how the hell did you create a bot so good 4-5 years ago?
Old 06-09-2007, 04:16 AM

Another question you never answered...Please explain the -97% Roi on Sharkscope please.

For such an awesome, consistent winner you think your game theory alone would have you doing better then -97% .
Old 06-09-2007, 04:21 AM

as someone that was on as on pokerroom as much or more than redgar for years, i can tell you that he was not on 24 hours a day. yes he played long sessions, but not ridiculously long. and he kept auto post on. i often did the same thing when i sat in hu rooms waiting for people. that means nothing.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as someone that was on as on pokerroom as much or more than redgar for years, i can tell you that he was not on 24 hours a day. yes he played long sessions, but not ridiculously long. and he kept auto post on. i often did the same thing when i sat in hu rooms waiting for people. that means nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, my recollection is a little different but I'll trust you becasue you knew her so well there.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:07 AM

Okay I propose one way to settle this once and for all. BeatMe1 posts a pic of herself and we do a vote based on this criteria:

#1 - She's hot and obv. guilty because the hot ones are always such devious minxes.. but we forgive her <3

#2 - She's blonde and therefore innocent, DUCY?

#3 - She's not at all attractive and is probably guilty because unattractive people have nothing to do except sit around making bots all day.

#4 - She's a guy and thus a proven liar, ie. guilty.

#5 - She's X-22 Paul Magriel.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, the same Stars that got a "100% sure"

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars didn't get a 100% sure. One guy in the chain did. In this case Stars showed they had a process, and it worked.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what if the bot has, say, 10 different exact timing delays and it varies its timing between these 10 at random? so the bot makes one move in 0.322 seconds, the next in 0.255 seconds, then back to 0.322, etc.? could she magically disprove the use of a bot? no, thus it would be completely useless for this to ever happen.

there's plenty of stuff like this. stop suggesting she go play at FTP headquarters. it's pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the opposite. If FTP has this kind of proof, there is no way a human will be able to simulate this in her play. So FTP should gladly accept her offer to come to their HQ and play there.