Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Stars remove empty seat when seated mod?

Does anybody have a way to get the empty seat markers to disappear when you sit down at a table at stars? I play a lot of SH O8 at full tables and these things are bugging the crap out of me because they're the same size and color as seated players.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Stars remove empty seat when seated mod?

This is the best I have come up with so far: Grayshade2b (No Images) Theme.

The Empty Seat is gray, like the post-action seats. Otherwise the seat boxes are red.

I havent yet attempted to make them totally invisible. My understanding, from DilzNoofus and Bar Nuthin - is they have to be displayed. It is the same image used by the client - for Empty Seat and Seat Open. So if you remove the image for Empty Seat - there wont be an image to click when it says Open Seat. So you can therefore - not join any tables. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Grayshade2b-Red No Images

Old 10-19-2007, 06:06 PM

Can you tell me which image file is the empty seat marker? I'll just mod it myself, it looks like you have to pay to download this theme.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:07 PM

Foz, the main problem is that if you black out the empty seat markers the software also blacks out whenever a player takes an action. Every time the Fold, Call, Raise indicators come up the frames will disappear.

So if you make the empty seat box go away you are gonna have to deal with player boxes being invisible all the time, because every time a player takes an action it hangs for like 3 seconds. It's about as confusing as having the empty seat markers.

The Seat Open markers being invisible is not a big deal. If the mask file is still there you can click anywhere in the region of the Seat Open marker and still get a seat.

donger,

I've already forgotten which file does that for sure. It's one of the files in the label folder in whatever XTheme you're using. I think it's seat.bmp
Old 10-19-2007, 11:22 PM

I found this year old thread about what you're asking about. Check it out.

Pokerstars mods with blanks for empty seats
Old 10-20-2007, 12:17 AM

I'm pretty sure that mod was made before Pokerstars encrypted the gx.ini file and replaced the image files with a font file.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that mod was made before Pokerstars encrypted the gx.ini file and replaced the image files with a font file.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Can you tell me which image file is the empty seat marker? I'll just mod it myself, it looks like you have to pay to download this theme.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh - I C. $4 is too much to spend for my theme that addresses your issue. Then I obviously dont want to offer you a free one, like I did everyone else. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, my bad. I know nothing about actually doing mods, just found the year old thread. I was wondering why psthemes does not currently have any themes that completely make the seat empty marker "invisible" or "near invisible" when no player is seated there.

Because there theme selection is very extensive, but none have this capability that I saw in this year old thread I found. I personally bought the Stealth II themes there a few days ago and I am very happy with that for my hud setup.

It certainly would be a nice touch to have "near invisible" empty seat like a little tiny dot when nobody is there. The empty seat words and the box do somewhat look like somebody is still there especially when playing tons of tables.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:02 AM

No harm done for trying to help. Anyway, the closest I got to my satisfaction was taking an avatar-enabled theme and eliminating the avatar boxes and reducing the mask file to a small square. You have to click on the little squares to take a seat.

The boxes are not arranged around the table nicely because they're supposed to have the avatar circles next to them, so it's an ugly setup. But it's functional.

I've tried it two different ways. On one I just modded the image files, on the second, I deleted the sb*.pff files in the gx\fonts folder. It makes the lettering disappear for the Seat Open and Empty Seat markers. Unfortunately it also makes the "Call", "Fold," "Raise" indicators go away.

I may host it, though I doubt many people will be interested since it's such a hack job. PM me if interested.

The Party look-alike ones might be better. That's a pokermods.com table but I took off the name for myself.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, dilz nailed it. i had some "true" no empty seat themes before pokerstars encrypted changed the seat open from images to text.

I didn't pursue it much after that. Dilz's and Fozzy's themes are about as close as your gonna get. If you want one or the other's style applied to a different table look, it wouldn't take much to do.