Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Bernie is in \'The Well\'

[ QUOTE ]
What was the one thing that made everything start to click for you?(book,2+2,friends,experience,etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

My click moment was when I was studying about checkraising and trying to incorporate it more. I think it was the combo of experience, posting on here and books all combined.
I think the biggest part was posting on here. I learned from alot of great players.

[ QUOTE ]
What stakes would you compare 6/12-10/20 live to online?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty passive and predictable on those limits. I haven't played much online lower than 3-6 in a long time, and 3-6 is much tougher than live 10-20. I'd have to guess maybe a $.50-1 table. Others more familiar with the micro onlines might be able to give a better answer. I've heard 1-2 online has tightened up, but I'm not familiar with it.

b
Old 08-28-2007, 03:05 PM

6/12 - 10/20 live --- .25/.5 - .5/1 online
Old 08-28-2007, 03:13 PM

Wow I didnt expect it to be that low. Does that go for the more higher stakes like 30/60? What would the online 10/20 be like?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:05 PM

There isn't an exact mapping because Live plays different. More fish, no multi-tablers and bordem motivating people to play out more spots. Also, online players tend to over-play hands more often due to the lack of social feedback.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There isn't an exact mapping because Live plays different. More fish, no multi-tablers and bordem motivating people to play out more spots. Also, online players tend to over-play hands more often due to the lack of social feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can also depend on location. In smaller markets, lower games could become tougher quicker than bigger markets. Though I think this has a much lesser effect on 4-8 since that's universally a much more 'casual' limit.

Fwiw...online 10-20(UB) is tougher than the 50-100 where I play. Might be tougher than the 100-200 but I'm not as familiar with enough of the players in that game.

b
Old 08-28-2007, 04:28 PM

if you can beat 10/20 online, get staked and go as high as you can, live, assuming you're comfortable with the money. or grind your way up. i (and some friends of mine) play anywhere from 1/2 to 3/6 online and when we go play live we play anywhere from 10/20 to 40/80 and are always one of the better/best players at the table -- not bragging, the money makes me nervous, but a 2/4 game online is way tighter, more aggressive, more valuebetting, etc. getting comfy with the money is obviously a huge step though, as some guys in the live games play high because they have the money and it doesn't matter to them, and they want action, so if your bankroll is small and you're coming in as scared money it can be tough to make the best (thin ev) plays.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In smaller markets, lower games could become tougher quicker than bigger markets.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, I used to play at Diamond Lil's a lot. The 4/8 was always soft but the bigger games were hit and miss. The 8/16 half kill game I play in now is even softer than that 4/8 game was. We're talking epic levels of retardation and hatred of money.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In smaller markets, lower games could become tougher quicker than bigger markets.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, I used to play at Diamond Lil's a lot. The 4/8 was always soft but the bigger games were hit and miss. The 8/16 half kill game I play in now is even softer than that 4/8 game was. We're talking epic levels of retardation and hatred of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

The mucks 10-20 game used to be known as one of the toughest 10-20 games on the west coast(probably more due to tightness factor than actual real good play). That was pre-boom.

b
Old 08-28-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the money makes me nervous, but a 2/4 game online is way tighter, more aggressive, more valuebetting, etc. getting comfy with the money is obviously a huge step though,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a big psychological factor between online and live. Online is like a video game. Live you can see and touch your chips right there making it much more real. You also have longer times between/during swings that could make you ponder the actual monetary amount more easily.

b
Old 08-28-2007, 11:55 PM

Hey Bernie, thanks for taking the time to do this. Also, thanks for all your great advice you have given me as well. You more than anyone here on the forum has changed my game the most(for the better [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) Much appreciato!

Q's: (I will have more later)

1. I know that you say you were kind of a rockish-nut peddler type of player when you started. Tell us of your transformation from that to a TAG type of a player. As in did you start just playing big premium hands and nothing else etc....? progression from rock to Tag thing?

2. There have been a few side discussions lately on the SSHE forum about being blinded by the pot size vs going with your solid reads. Can you add some specifics to this.

3. In live low limit play, do you find that at times we don't give some of the players enough credit at times for actually being okay players or do you feel we give too much credit to players overall.

4. Did it take you very long to realize that players don't play a hand the way you would play a hand?

5. Any tips on hand reading that we may not have heard yet?

6. If this is getting too personal disregard. If not let's hear about it cause a lot of the players here aren't aware that you did this. The infamous JP hand: Can you tell us that great story?

Bonus question: Would you like an auotgraph pic of Diane Lane?
Closed Thread