Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

I don't really know what the photographer is thinking, but I guess they somehow think that taking them offline will help protect their copyright. Whatever, that's up to them I guess, I don't really agree though...
Old 10-22-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh just a thought here. people say why would a 250 million dolar business risk it all on a 800k they have stolen= the sums involved are far larger than people suspect. i imagine cjheating has goenon since the beggining and its likely innocent players have been defrauded of milions IMO [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It also lends credence to the report a few years back by a costa rican? guy who in broken english claimed he was employed by absolute in the capacity of a cheater in small games. He claimed he had access to hole cards, most blew it off as BS.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know, those wedding pictures really struck a nerve. Adanthar, can we start a thread of random wedding photos being photo shopped? If their heads are cropped out can they still do anything? Anything to disrupt their homelife.

[/ QUOTE ]
At the very least, it is fair to crop out family and friends. I'm not going to encourage this sort of picture posting activity, but I really don't think it's fair to post wives, etc. So cropping is really necessary and fair.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh just a thought here. people say why would a 250 million dolar business risk it all on a 800k they have stolen= the sums involved are far larger than people suspect. i imagine cjheating has goenon since the beggining and its likely innocent players have been defrauded of milions IMO [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It also lends credence to the report a few years back by a costa rican? guy who in broken english claimed he was employed by absolute in the capacity of a cheater in small games. He claimed he had access to hole cards, most blew it off as BS.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can anyone with more info on this sort of thing please PM me?

Thanks.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know, those wedding pictures really struck a nerve . Adanthar, can we start a thread of random wedding photos being photo shopped? If their heads are cropped out can they still do anything? Anything to disrupt their homelife.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that it was the chemical reaction that one gets when one mixes new money with old money. risk v reward kinda thing.

Edit: I think that we don't need a photoshop of the wedding pictures at this time imo.

gg
Old 10-22-2007, 07:09 PM

LINK TO THAT STORY ANYWHERE [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 07:15 PM

I think it's mentioned in the original thread on ith about the guy who thought seif could see his hole cards.

It wasn't really a story just a claim by this guy, that didn't go anywhere.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:31 PM

Not sure if this is the post you're referring to, but this guy is claiming (in broken english) that people used to cheat Absolute, not the other way around.

[ QUOTE ]
5. Well, there is one illegitimate method to make $ at AP (I don't know if it still works):

AP used to have unknowns playing hu LHE for high stakes($150/300) with a few k and never go bust. Back then (I heard that) it was possible for friends to soft-play against each other for loyalty points which could be converted to cash at some rate, combining that with account upgrades, rakeback and AP deposit bonuses, people could make money from AP. In fact, I was approached by one such person to join them, I did not accept because I thought AP would catch on later.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.internettexasholdem.com/phpbb...p;&start=90
Old 10-22-2007, 07:38 PM

No, thats not it. I was just looking for it, and can't find it now? I know I read it in some thread relating to the original claims against seif. I thought it was at ith, but it may have been elsewhere, it was a while back.

Anybody else remember it?

The guy was supposedly fired for not meeting his quota, which made it seem all that more ridiculous considering he could supposedly see hole cards.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:43 PM

I'd just like to chime in here on the belief expressed by some that this investigation is somehow losing steam, or that AP has "won" (whatever that means) because there hasn't been a dramabomb since Sunday around noon (36 excruciating hours ago -- tongue in cheek).

Stop it.

A few points for your consideration. First of all, 36 hours is *only* 36 freakin' hours. The investigation and the KGC and Gaming Associates audits will take time, and they're not going to release every piece of information as it's uncovered. Let them do their work -- I am just as concerned as everyone about the auditing parties' objectivity, but as those of you who have had experience in the post-college "real world" should know, these things take time. Just a fact. It may be another week before we get the next AP statement, but don't immediately assume it's b/c their primary objective is laying low and hoping this whole thing blows over (even while they might hope it will.) I posted before about a 45-min conversation I had with the chairman of the KGC, and about how I was actually pleasantly surprised that he was taking all of this very seriously, and asking the right questions.

I love dramabombs and bloodlust as much as the next guy, but now that some wheels are in motion at high levels, we need to be realistic with our timeframe. It doesn't mean our outrage should be toned down, or that AP has somehow triumphed. But let's put this all in perspective: in the last 7 days, we have gotten AP to admit to a historically-unprecedented security breach in their systems, promised to pay back all aggrieved parties, and made statements that, at least on their face, appear to be steps toward holding the parties responsible accounted for. I found the Hilt wedding articles, which led to us acquiring pictures of the suspects which we didn't have before (although I must give more credit to whoever dug up the wedding photo album.) The point is that the progress we've made on this thing has been *frighteningly* quick, at least in terms of typical corporate/business-realm investigations. We have the collective braintrust of thousands of internet poker nerds on our side, and we can't expect the dozen people on the Absolute side of things to match our efficiency.

I'm furious with the chorus of people suggesting that this is somehow a triumph for Absolute, and in my opinion, that's a HUGE slap in the face to Nat, Adanthar, Druff, and Josem, who I thank for essentially championing our cause free of charge (and I know there are individuals over at P5s and elsewhere who have been equally instrumental). After this thing is over, I'll volunteer to start some sort of "Thank You" collection plate that perhaps can be donated to a charity of their choice...it's not much, but it seems like a noble way to express just how much I personally appreciate what they've done. Many of you don't really know how good we have it to have 4 smart, articulate, and accessible people like them fighting for us. So my bottom line is that the pessimism expressed over the last 24 hours isn't good for anyone, and it's a thorn to the morale of those who are working so hard to shed light on the biggest scandal to hit the online poker scene most of us have ever been party to. The way we keep up the pressure on Absolute is to *stay diligent*. There have been several lulls in the investigation since mid-September when it first came to light...and we didn't let them derail us, and look where we are now. Let's keep it up.
Closed Thread