Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL Bulls.

Countdown to Paxson firing?

[/ QUOTE ]

What has Paxson done to deserve to get fired? LOL @ me if you are leveling.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much everything bad you can do.

trading tyson chandler for pj brown
signing ben wallace to that AWFUL AWFUL deal
trading lamarcus aldrige for TT (although jury is still out there)
not trading for a superstar while the league still overrates your young talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you have inside sources. What deal for a superstar did the bulls decline?

[/ QUOTE ]

not inside sources. im pretty sure the bulls have made it clear that they wont trade luol deng in any package for a superstar.

this is dumb. they already lost out on KG, and i really hope the lakers start winning a bunch so they wont want to trade kobe.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL Bulls.

Countdown to Paxson firing?

[/ QUOTE ]

What has Paxson done to deserve to get fired? LOL @ me if you are leveling.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much everything bad you can do.

trading tyson chandler for pj brown
signing ben wallace to that AWFUL AWFUL deal
trading lamarcus aldrige for TT (although jury is still out there)
not trading for a superstar while the league still overrates your young talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you have inside sources. What deal for a superstar did the bulls decline?

[/ QUOTE ]

not inside sources. im pretty sure the bulls have made it clear that they wont trade luol deng in any package for a superstar.

this is dumb. they already lost out on KG, and i really hope the lakers start winning a bunch so they wont want to trade kobe.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I of course have nothing to verify this, but the last reports on what Minny wanted for KG was Deng+Gordon+Thomas+1st Round pick. If they gave that up there's no way they'd compete for a championship.

Last reports from Memphis were they wanted Deng+Thomas+1st+ spare parts; however, Gasol was never officially put on the trade block like everyone else. It's hard to consider him a superstar either, has his team ever gotten out of the first round? Tbh I think pax just got outplayed by west on this one, but gasol still hasn't been traded.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Answering my own questions, also (just trying to spark conversation!) -
I think the Pacers are due for a 20 game losing streak.
Hornets are the real deal, I think they are 7th in the west MINIMUM if if they play above expectation can compete with the Rockets for #4.
Clippers will fall off, nothing to see here.

Bulls will readjust, but something tells me reaching 50 wins will be quite difficult...
Warriors may NOT, watching the games the moron announcers talk about people replacing Jrich. Him not being there - same with Sjaxx serving the suspension - hurts a TON. This was such a young team last year and they got even younger, it's as though they didn't want to press their luck from last year and instead are still in "rebuild" mode.
I think TBlazers will get win 1. Will be quite the race!

[/ QUOTE ]

2 years ago the bulls started 0-9 and won 47 I think. Last year the bulls started like 3-10 and won 49 I think.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:11 PM

fonkey,

the bulls really couldnt have put together a better package than jefferson/gomes/2 firsts?

deng/gordon/thomas/1st >>>>>>>> celtics package

they couldnt figure something out that was only >> than what ainge forked over?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fonkey,

the bulls really couldnt have put together a better package than jefferson/gomes/2 firsts?

deng/gordon/thomas/1st >>>>>>>> celtics package

they couldnt figure something out that was only >> than what ainge forked over?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't try to rationalize anything McHale ever does as GM.

Again, all I'm doing is rehashing media reports. This package was TWO summers ago, I don't really recall the bulls flirting with KG last summer. KG trade talks really slowed down, and then boston closed the deal in a couple days.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:29 PM

either way he missed the boat. ainge is ridiculously active, you always see him on the phone or chatting up other GMs, and the product on the floor is the result of this.

i still contend that the bulls are a 50+ win team, but they are not built for playoff success at all.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:44 PM

Bobbo,

Speculation is fun but it's obviously way too early to draw any conclusions - particularly when a couple of teams have only played two games. I need only point to the Mavs 0-4 start last year as evidence. When they beat the Suns to go 1-4 and drop PHX to 1-5 there was no doubt rampant speculation about the demise of both teams, yet when they met a few months later it was the best matchup that late in the season record-wise in something like 35 years. Not to mention the variance of all the schedules.

If I was prone to knee-jerk reactions though, it would be that the Knicks are probably going to be better than predictions and could come in as high as a 5-6 seed. Bookmakers actually gave them reasonable odds to win the division, so maybe they're onto something.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:39 PM

Bobbo,

Like I said before, the coaching change seems to have re-vitalized the Pacers. I hate to admit it because I loved Rick Carlisle to death, but he wasn't the right coach for these players. Carlisle is a great coach on a defensive, grind-it-out team (like we used to be) but now we have lots of terrible defensive players who do better in a high-paced, motion offense. So I don't think you can draw too many conclusions from the awful, awful team that we were last spring. That being said, Mike Dunleavy and probably Danny Granger are playing way the hell over their heads. I'll revise my win prediction from 25 up to 35 but that's about it.

My biggest concern is that Jermaine O'Neal is one long losing streak away from shutting it down and demanding a trade.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:44 PM

KNICKS over .500 for first time in almost 3 years!!!!! And probably the last time for another 3 years but I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eli (Kingston): Nice to see Robert Swift had been keeping busy while injured. New sleeve of tats, disgusting pony tail and 20 pounds, good work Robert! I hope he doesn't see this ... that's one scary man.

SportsNation David Thorpe: (12:37 PM ET ) And kind of a stiff, I might add.

[/ QUOTE ]