Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: gaining weight

[ QUOTE ]
OP

flex you bicep ...

if you half more than an inch of space between the spot your forearm meets your upper arm and the insertion point of your bicep ... you'll most likely never put on weight (you don't have the physical design)

even 0.5-1.0 of space isn't good

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, put your hand up to your face. If your hand is bigger than your face, you have cancer.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP

flex you bicep ...

if you half more than an inch of space between the spot your forearm meets your upper arm and the insertion point of your bicep ... you'll most likely never put on weight (you don't have the physical design)

even 0.5-1.0 of space isn't good

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, put your hand up to your face. If your hand is bigger than your face, you have cancer.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

this isn't a joke ...

the insertion point of you bicep is a very easy way to tell what your body type is (Ectomorph, Mesomorph, Endomorph) ...

depending on your body type - you may, or may not be able to put on muscle mass ...
Old 04-12-2007, 09:08 PM

#1) I never said there was no way for me to gain weight, simply that the apporaches I have tried in the past didn't work

#2) i eat extraordinarily healthy, if not a ton. Almost all organic, all whole foods, zero processed/packaged foods, zero refined sugar except for an occasional night out at the bar once or twice a month, etc

#3) I just said I was going to try a more disciplined approach to logging all my food and having short but intense workouts solely dedicated to compound lifts and keep you all updated.

--

I was simply looking for advice from anyone that had dealt with similar things in the past, not whining about my lot in life. ya'll need to chill.

Also, I've been checked out by like 5 doctors over the past two years because I also have problems with horrible chronic fatigue and no one can find anything medically wrong, doesn't mean there isn't, or there isn't a connection between my body easily losing but not easily gaining weight, but I'm not just blithely assuming that nothing is wrong with me.

--

for the record here is a sample page from my food log from when I was seriously trying to gain weight

wake-up: smoothie with 2 raw eggs, 2 bananas, one avocado, 2 cups whole milk, 2 cups strawberries

breakfast: omelette with 3 eggs, cheddar and turkey. corn chips with almond butter. glass orange juice.

snack. 2 cups whole milk. bagel with almond butter.

lunch: chicken fajita with 1/2 lb chicken.

snack: smoothie with kale, bananas, strawberries, whole yogurt, 2 handfuls of nuts, and protein powder

dinner: salad with mixed greens, udos oil, avocado, 2 bell peppers. 1/2 pound tuna steak. 1 glass whole milk.

snack: ~ 50 pistachios. 2 bananas.

--

now i wasn't lifting at the time i was eating that much, but I did eat like that pretty consistently and disciplined without gaining weight. I'll post in this thread again when I have something to update, you all can save your snarkiness for the next person to post that they eat fast food 5x a week but can't lose weight.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:13 PM

OK that is a fuckton of food.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 PM

don't eat raw eggs ...

I'll let you get your own info on this ... search for the effect of avidin on both your body and b-vitamins
Old 04-12-2007, 09:16 PM

also ...

you have a lot a sugar in that plan ...
Old 04-12-2007, 09:21 PM

yes I know, that was back when I was eating sugar (though no high fructose corn syrup). though to be honest the orange juice is the only really refined sugar there and I used to make that myself by throwing whole oranges and olive oil in the blender. The fat helps the sugar not release so fast.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 PM

Try eating all that and doing some massbuilding lifts maybe? You must have an insane metabolism.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:33 PM

fruit juice is useless ...

also ... you have almost zero vegetables

looks like you have fruit > vegetables by like 9:1

nuts, beans, seeds, legumes (lentils and peas), oatmeal, brown rice ... are missing

that diet isn't really a bulking up diet ... good start though - eat fruits in the morning and after a hard workout ... have like 9 servings of vege (and make parsley your friend ... peppers aren't the greatest vege, better than an orange though) ...

have two protein powder servings:
after workout have a blend (iso whey, why con, and fermented soy)
get a casein protein powder (hard to find ... it's the other milk protein) and have it before bed with homemade yogurt (or insure the yogurt you have only has milk ingredients and bacterial culture: most store bought products are just pudding, and thus loaded with sugar ... or get Kefir - much better than yogurt)

also ... as stated before ...

you may not be able to gain muscle weight ... not everyone can (just eat try to be generally healthy)

also ... again
don't ever eat raw eggs
Old 04-12-2007, 09:50 PM

Point Blank,

Your advice sucks. On second thought it isn't even advice. BTW when I flex my bicep I have ~1.5 inches in there. This guy looks like he could fit my whole bicep in there:
http://www.netsport-magazine.com/images/bicep.jpg

Please stop posting.

Late,

That is a ton of food. Why were you [censored] 10x a day? BTW don't eat so much fiber etc. Maybe milk in addition but it is very calorically dense so I'd hate to see it go away. Get a job and buy a scooter.