Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Re: gaining weight

Eat everything you can put your hands on. Sleep at least 8+ hours/night. Work out no more than 3x a week doing only deadlifts, squats and bench presses. No Cardio! Stop all the bike riding for [censored] sake.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:05 PM

the 4000 calories was measured, although about half of it was in smoothie form. I kept at it for a month. I know some of you are going to be like that's impossible! eating that many calories you physiologically /have/ to put on weight. but I didn't. I was also [censored] like 10x a day so my body was probably pushing through a bunch of calories without absorbing them.

I have never stuck with a weightlifting regiment for very long because lifting exhausts me and makes me /hurt/ - even though I am not particularly weak for my bodyweight (ie; i can bench my weight and i can leg press over 500 with a full range of motion for 8 reps or so)

i can't stop the bike riding because it's my main source of transport.

i will check out the book, obv I am an extreme ectomorph.

my eating habits have been crap lately - usually only eating one full meal a day because I'm busy and lazy and I just don't particularly enjoy eating.

i'm going to commit to a better diet and lifting 3x a week for 2 months and I'll update you all. weighed myself this morning and was at 117 (and that was even after drinking 8 beers last night) [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2007, 06:14 PM

start showing up to dinner on time

sorry i couldnt help it
Old 04-12-2007, 07:15 PM

Dude,

You are either stupid, lazy, indifferent or some combination of all of the above. If you keep getting the [censored] you obviously aren't absorbing any calories. Please don't post for sympathy. Yes, I read the article on tone. I am not going to tell you there's no hope, but if you keep up this pity party there really isn't any.

If you need clarification on how to change, and believe you don't have a medical problem (I'm hesitant to think you don't) someone will likely help you.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:47 PM

Thremp: WTF? This comment was useless. I wouldn't be posting here if I was indifferent now would I? nor am I posting for sympathy. I don't give a rat's ass whether ppl feel sorry for me or not. Why don't you go back and read the sticky on tone again and then delete this last comment.

I have no medical problems. Simply saying eat more and lift doesn't particularly help.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:00 PM

Then there is no solution.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:08 PM

latefordinner, most skinny bastards like yourself will deny to the high heavens that they don't eat enough food. "I've had 4000 calorie days, I just can't gain weight." This of course is a bunch of [censored]. There are some people that have a much harder time gaining mass, but a disciplined approach would definitely put pounds on you.

Fact of the matter is, you cycle too much, eat like crap, and don't eat enough. Other factors may include things like overestimating your caloric intake, eating only one or two big meals a day, etc. Protein powder won't help you gain weight. Eating only meat won't do it. Eating no meat won't do it.

I'm saying everything that Thremp meant to say but in a nicer way. The bottom line is that you're only allowed to whine about your misfortune after you've exhausted your options, and if we do a little reading between the lines of your posts, it's evident that you haven't yet tried a smart, disciplined approach to gaining weight. That's why Thremp was so bitchy in his post.

I recommend picking up Scrawny to Brawny just so that you can look at the nutrition section and see what it really means to go on a mass-building diet for hardgainers. This is coming from someone who a year ago swore that he was a hardgainer.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:49 PM

skunk,

That and he insists there is no way to eat/lift his way to size and theres nothing medically wrong. Well color me [censored] purple and call it rainbow sherbet.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:52 PM

Try riding twice as many miles on your bike per week.

If that doesn't work then sell your bike because its not helping.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:58 PM

OP

flex you bicep ...

if you half more than an inch of space between the spot your forearm meets your upper arm and the insertion point of your bicep ... you'll most likely never put on weight (you don't have the physical design)

even 0.5-1.0 of space isn't good