Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 04:30 PM

Default My first play along - 44 flops a draw

I decided to make this a play along because there are about 3 spots in this hand where I am not certain of the right move. I hope it isn't painfully obvious or anything. Since I'm not sure how the response will go, I'll just post each part in about 5 or 10 minute intervals. There should be only 3 parts.
-thanks
Christian

My very first hand at the table. No reads.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Toolfrom

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 4. MP3 posts a blind of $0.02.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="red">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, 2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 5, 6, 3 (7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks (Betting here is very bad - agree?), UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, SB folds, Hero calls (pot is just too big to let this go, right?), UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="red">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero?????? </font>
Old 06-13-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: My first play along - 44 flops a draw

Ugh.

First, I think 10min is too fast. Then, you can't really fold now, since the pot is 10385660SB big and you only have to win it once between now and the eschaton. So call.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:36 PM

I'm thinkin we have 10 maybe 11.5 outs here. We are callin this one. (In before the play along police.)
Old 06-13-2007, 04:39 PM

C/C looks good to me.

you obv cannot fold the flop here.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(In before the play along police.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not certain but I think the point of the play along is to discuss each decision before you show us what you've done, so your first post is actually 3 posts in one; pre-flop, flop check, flop call.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:49 PM

If you're going to call 2 bets the first time, I think you should easily be calling 2 bets the second time. So I do that. MP2 raised PF, so I have him on an OP. No way he has a straight. If MP1 has a straight, good for him, but I think his range has to include 6x, 65s, sets, and weaker overpairs. I still figure we have ~6 outs, some maybe to a chop and odds to call.

Also, I'd at least entertain the idea of donking the flop. If MP2 has overcards, he may not bet again and the pot is big enough that you can get several peels and get value now for your straight draw. Plus with you having two of the 4s, it's less likely people are on the same draw.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinkin we have 10 maybe 11.5 outs here. We are callin this one. (In before the play along police.)

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you getting all these outs? MP2 screams QQ-AA, he is not a problem if we hit. But MP1 screams either a flopped set which kills our set outs, or a Axh flush draw, which kills our 2 of our str8 outs. We have 6 clean str8 outs, but some discount for when we hit on the turn and someone fills up or flushes the river, call it 5 outs. Maybe discount the other 2 str8 outs to .5-1, and discount the two 4 outs to 1 for the times MP1 has a set, seems like we have about 7 outs. Still a call though.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(In before the play along police.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not certain but I think the point of the play along is to discuss each decision before you show us what you've done, so your first post is actually 3 posts in one; pre-flop, flop check, flop call.

[/ QUOTE ]

from Wook's rules

[ QUOTE ]
2. The hand should feature at a bare minimum TWO very marginal situations that will generate good discussion. If there are 3 or 4, all the better. If you have a great hand to post with just one decision that will generate good discussion, a regular hand post will work best for it. Otherwise, discussion of the important street will get buried by "raise preflop."
3. Speaking of which, if preflop play is obvious, there's no shame in starting at the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The question is if preflop is obvious - I think so, I also think flop check is standard.

I think hero should call both times.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:56 PM

call preflop and call flop both times.

i predict that the turn decision is similarly facile, but i'm willing to be surprised.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10 or 11 outs? Our 2 "4" outs are dirty as can be. I guess you could say we have a back door full house draw. Boy I hope we don't get to the point where it becomes common to say, "I had a BDFHD for 1 out."

So lets say we give ourselves 6 outs for the OESD since a 2 or 6 doesn't give us the nuts and somebody else could have already flopped a set and have the afore mentioned BDFHD (Oh crap, it's already happening) on us.

So we're looking at about 6 + 1(BDFHD) discounted outs. I'm never giving us the BDFD outs here.

Wait, what's this? We also have a BDSFD (back door straight flush draw) for another 1/4 outs. 7 1/4 outs. My bad.

At any rate, yes I'm calling in both spots on the flop and I hate anything on the turn except a non heart 2 or 7.

Note: I didn't do any actual math to get the exact value of a BDFHD or BDSFD. I'm just lightly estimated. One of you more nitty folks can waste your time trying to find that out.

Toodles.

Feeling very sarcasilastic,
Befolder