Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Calldown Ace high

Villain 62/14/0.6 over 60 hands

Dont know why he has agression 0.6, on the table i had him on 1.2 aggro and he plays like a 1.2 aggro.

I think a 3 is very unlikely because he limped from UTG maybe 34 is in his handrange. So i calldown because a queen is also very unlikely i dont think he is capable of raising with just a queen on the turn. Planning to fold a clubcard, 7,5,6 on the river.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3BB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Results:
Final pot: 7BB
Old 09-02-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Calldown Ace high

So you think he is raising with a drawing hand or a pocket pair? And he just decided to semibluff-raise the turn UI? I would need some kind of "raise the turn 4 fun" -read to call this down. And bigger pot probably.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:59 AM

I would think about folding the turn here. Would A3 not be a likely hand for him to have?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:04 AM

depends, esp with SB in villain might be raising for a free showdown with a small pair and raising a Q seems reasonable as well

if you feel strong about your read that villain would only call those hands down, I think you should also discount the possibility of him raising the turn on a draw

also, a lot of drawing hands would raise the flop

it's close, but I see value in calling down to see what villain has for meta game purposes
Old 09-02-2007, 12:00 PM

Turn is pretty terrible. You like to spew OP?

I would check turn an reevaluate.

Why do you think its unlikely he has a 3? You mention his "UTG range" as if he is positional aware. Why would you think that? Say I misclicked and bet the turn I would never ever call the raise.

[ QUOTE ]
it's close, but I see value in calling down to see what villain has for meta game purposes

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ metagame vs idiots.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:37 PM

Why is it correct to calldown in this hand http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post11910643

and not in my hand?

Could you explain it?

Oink you check against to callingstations here? Most of the time they call the flop with a draw or nothing and check-fold turn. What hand with a 3 could he limped UTG? Ok he is not positional aware. But i donīt think he plays K3 or so.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:50 PM

Mozart the difference is villain in this hand is raising 3 way on the turn, and a draw didn't appear on the turn. If he was gonna semibluff a draw he'd usually do it on the flop, and it's rare for villains to completely bluff raise the turn 3 way. Edit: Also in the other hand, the hand he's representing should be raising teh flop.

I don't mind the turn bet to tell the truth, I think you're ahead a decent amount assuming UTG is a peeler, although you gotta fold to a raise absent a specific read.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it correct to calldown in this hand http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post11910643

and not in my hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL?

You dont see the diff?

Your hand = protected pot
Nina's hand = HU pot

Your hand = passive villain
Ninas Hand = LAGGY villain

Your hand = not a lot of draws
Ninas hand = a million draws.

Seriously if you cant tell the difference you suck at poker. I am sorry!

About betting the turn: Do a stove. I would be surprised if you have a value bet even if they do peel lightly. You dont have to win everytime you pick up AK

Oh and LOL @ villain not playing K3. He is prolly playing any x3s as well as 43o, A3o, K3o, Q3o.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:18 PM

Another difference in my hand is that the turn created new draws. Its very rare that villain will call the flop with clubs to semibluff the turn.