Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Exploiting Loose-Tricky Opponents?

Guruman, your take is that these guys are unpredictable because they're trying to do the same thing to me that I am to them, namely modify their strategy to exploit me? Very interesting. I will work more on considering my perceived image and what might be going through his head as he adjusts his style.

Chicago, your advice is more practical. Would others agree that "...these players seem to really miss value, they overbet big hands when they hit the river on scary boards and they underbet them on dry boards" ? I'll have to really watch out for this, sounds like very quality info.

Excellent replies, thanks guys.

-- Collin

Edit: Being careful not to get blown off mid-strength hands also seems like a solid tip, although striking a balance between extracting value and making it to showdown can be tough at times...
Old 08-22-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being careful not to get blown off mid-strength hands also seems like a solid tip, although striking a balance between extracting value and making it to showdown can be tough at times...

[/ QUOTE ]

True but realize that if you are calling down light then villian SHOULD start bluffing less and value betting more. So if you think this is true then you should start bluffing more and valuebetting less. Once that image changes, reverse directions, rinse, repeat.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:17 PM

Wait for a good hand and overbet "bluff." Maybe make some loose calls. Small ball the hell out of them.