Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2007, 01:46 AM

Default flush draw v. piejay 25/50 HU

Piejay is a unique player. He plays around 75/50ish HU, raising nearly all hands on the button and reraising around 8-10% of hands from the bb. He also has the unique characteristic of getting increasily more aggressive per street, with a turn agg factor in the mid-3s and a river agg factor approaching the mid 4s. This is contrasted with a flop agg factor of 1. He routinely peels flop with any pair, any ace high, any draw (including gutters). He also will check call with big hands (enabling him to "come alive" on later streets) He also tends to bluff in random spots.

Earlier on in the match, we had played a hand where I raised QJo on the btn, flop was AJ7r, chk chk, turn 9 badugi, he checked, I bet 300, he CRed full pot to 1200, and I called. River brick, chk chk q8o no good.

Onto the hand in question.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $50 BB (2 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($8706.75)
Hero ($10111.30)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $150</font>, BB calls $100.

Flop: ($300) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $250</font>, BB calls $250.

Turn: ($800) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $700</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2500</font>,

HERO???

What do people think about betting this turn in the first place. Because the board is drawy and both draws missed, he is calling with any pair really depending on mood.

I have been double barreling a fair amount and he probably views me as a solid but predictable player.

What do people think of this turn action.

I could see arguments for 1) checking turn behind 2) calling his raise 3) shoving 4) folding.

He certainly is capable of bluff raising here, and I'm not sure what he's capable of laying down.

FWIW I think his turn CRing range is fairly wide here, especially if he thinks I'm on a draw.

Advice appreciated,
dlpnyc21