Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Virgin experience... (130 deep)

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good thread. this hand is very close IMO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys may say what you want about that fold but the fact is that if you even consider it one of the following is true :
a)Your image sucks bad because you are not aggressive enough
b)Villain is super nit who doesnt care that you were running him over and still only nutpeddle AND your read is super strong that it is the case
c)you play with 60 years old people and your fold is fairly easy

[/ QUOTE ]

a solid villain 4-bets post flop w/ more hands than 98/99/88? Maybe, i mean im not saying id fold i just dont see a whole lot of hands we beat. Obv if he will do this w/ any overpair im sticking it in right now, but after 4-bets, i think his range shrinks a ton.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Virgin experience... (130 deep)

If you put him exactly on the range { 99, 88, 98s }, you don't have enough pot equity to play for stacks. So he has to have an overpair, straight draw, or a bizarre bluff occasionally to make pushing right. QQ+ probably reraises preflop (and usually JJ, too). Is he playing JJ/TT like this? Seems like a strange and unlikely line for a solid player to take. It also seems odd for him to play a straight draw this way. What are you folding to a min-4-bet after your 3-bet? No one folds sets.

I don't think he's [censored] around with a worse hand here often enough to push. Against someone who is retarded, ok, yeah, shove, but I don't think it's a winning play against a solid player.

Oh wait ZOMG YOU HAVE A SET PUSH!!11

Edit: Damn, small mistake in my math, it's about neutral EV to shove if he has 99/88/98s. OK get it in and hope he's an idiot. If the stacks were a little deeper, I like a fold.