Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2006, 09:42 PM

Default how to turn into a losing player that fast!?

first of all, hello 2+2 community (my first post)

i can afford croceries by playing .5/1 so i thought "hey lets jump 1 or 2 limits higher and make sum more money". unfortunately, as soon as i jump to 1/2 or 2/4 i cant make a buck anymore. i compared my pt stats with those from winning players and they are not much different. i now lost about 0.02BB/100 over 25k hands on 1/2. i really have no idea where these expensive leaks are, and dont have the feeling that i will detect them too soon. now i wanted to ask for sum advices/suggestions, or even an explanation how this can be, i mean, come on! how to turn from a winning player into a losing player by a jump from .5/1 to 1/2 or 2/4, and how high is the chance that i was just running bad on cards?

thx for any upcommin reply
leakmonster
Old 05-21-2006, 10:41 PM

Default Re: how to turn into a losing player that fast!?

[ QUOTE ]
i can afford croceries by playing .5/1

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what "croceries" are. Judging by your broken English, is it something you eat in the country you're from?

[ QUOTE ]
i thought "hey lets jump 1 or 2 limits higher and make sum more money".

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish it were that easy too, but it just isn't. The players are better and the games are generally more difficult the higher in limits you go.

[ QUOTE ]
i compared my pt stats with those from winning players and they are not much different.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is your definition of the word "much"?

[ QUOTE ]
how high is the chance that i was just running bad on cards?

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not as good as you think you are. You need to read and study the forums to improve. Who cares if it might be a bad run of cards. If I had a 25k breakeven strech I'd be seriously looking at my game.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:44 PM

also, id look more deeply at your states beyond the basics. What hands your losing on, what types of hands, and why. The biggest hole in your game is your overconfidence. if you've lost over 25k hands, blaming luck is just to simple an option.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:34 PM

sry for the bad english...and thx for tryin
to get through it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
i can afford croceries by playing .5/1
I'm not sure what "croceries" are. Judging by your broken English, is it something you eat in the country you're from?

[/ QUOTE ]
"croceries" are (almost) everything eatable u can get in a crocery... thats how it is written down my dictionary

[ QUOTE ]
i thought "hey lets jump 1 or 2 limits higher and make sum more money".
I wish it were that easy too, but it just isn't. The players are better and the games are generally more difficult the higher in limits you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

the difference between .5/1 and 1/2 is that high??? at least regarding the looseness i couldnt experience a big difference
[ QUOTE ]
i compared my pt stats with those from winning players and they are not much different.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is your definition of the word "much"?

[/ QUOTE ]

here are sum stats (dont blame me if im wrong with that winningplayer stats thing [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]): vol. put in pot: 14.04 vol (ususally about 17%), put in from sb:18.08, folded sb to steal: 90.26 (too high i guess), folded bb to steal: 83.84 (too high i guess), att. to steal blinds: 22.43 (too low i guess), won $ wsf: 33.25 went to sd:30.96 won at sd: 56.92 pf raise: 8.02

[ QUOTE ]
how high is the chance that i was just running bad on cards?
You're not as good as you think you are. You need to read and study the forums to improve. Who cares if it might be a bad run of cards. If I had a 25k breakeven strech I'd be seriously looking at my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, i feel like a fish! i always knew im not a good player, i just didnt know that it is possible to start losing by jumping from .5/1 to 1/2

phew, the quote option isnt made for me...
Old 05-29-2006, 03:03 PM

what is the site you are playing at?
Old 05-29-2006, 03:17 PM

First of all, I think your dictionary has a misprint since the word is "grocery".

As to your questions, if you are playing at party poker then there is definately a big difference between the 0.5/1 and 1/2 games. The 1/2 games are full of rocks or TAG players and much more difficult than the 0.5/1 games in my opinion.

Based on your stats it sounds like you are a bit on the passive side. Blind stealing and defense is important. Try playing a few more hands on the button, and raising on the button more often. Stealing the blinds once in 100 hands, or defending the big blinds once in 100 hands will be enough to turn you into a winning player based on the numbers you gave.

Good luck!
Old 05-29-2006, 07:25 PM

There's a huge difference between .5/1 and 1/2, so it's not surprising that you're struggling. There are a ton more TAGs and rock gardens in 1/2. Post your PT stats from both .5/1 and 1/2, so we can see the differences.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:46 AM

My guess, is you dont have the bankroll. Us playing 1-2 or .50-1, losing 50 BB is okay compared to our bankroll. When you jump up, losing the same amount of bets playing 3-6 is a killer! Be patient, and wait to move up. Its hard, but worth it. (Done it dozens of times)
Old 05-30-2006, 09:13 AM

ahh, ok thx, for the answeres people

i will look further into that (blind defense/stealing, more open raising, here and there a hand more and that kinda stuff) internet junky

yeye, i went with about 1200$ dollar to 1/2 lol