Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-26-2007, 10:17 PM

Default 3-Way AK TPTK

No reads on opponents yet. Pick up AK in position versus the blinds. Not sure what is the correct post flop action.

I'm thinking SB may have a weaker ace and I might get paid off there, so should I shove/call? Maybe I should just lay it down? Hate these hands.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $24.25
Hero (MP): $9.95
CO: $24.80
BTN: $11.75
SB: $9.95
BB: $4

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.90</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $2.20</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.60 and is All-In</font>
Hero??
Old 11-26-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: 3-Way AK TPTK

Flush draw seems less likely to me considering the A and K are already accounted for so that points to hands like AK/AQ/AJ/66/77/67 for SB and a little tighter than that for the BB. (check/raise knowing its going to showdown against at least 1 and prob 2 people represents strength to me) Without reads its a very tough position, I would actually lay it down (too tight?) although I think we are ahead here some of the time, just not enough to justify a call.

Again looking forward to other comments!

Disclaimer: very new player to cash and -BB/100
Old 11-26-2007, 10:33 PM

I probably dump this. You're not facing 1, but 2 check-raises. Looks like either they have monster draws or 2pair or better. SB has more money behind in his stack and if you call here, you are basically pot-committed.

Only way I call is if these players are just really really bad.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:34 PM

Yep hate it and fold. SB is still to act. He check-raised you on A high flop so he is prob beating 1 pair often enough and has you covered. BB reraised that check raise so i cant see how you are in front enough here for a shove.