Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 AM

Default Re: ipoker bonuses vs. the rest

[ QUOTE ]
u r hard.

name a dealt room where its harder to clear bonuses than ongame.

or llook k at it this way why is it that rooms go from dealt to contribution, not the other way aound.

it wouldnt surprise me to see all rooms go to contribution method. if full tilt did i bet cake would too.

[/ QUOTE ]
At my game/limits? All but Crypto.

Now, let me explain...I don't think I was doing a good job last time.

I conceded that if the bonuses at two different sites were identical in every way except that one was dealt and one was contributed, then of course the dealt bonus would be better for any decent player.

The next point I tried to make was the following. If, for a momemt, one were to remove the dealt/contributed factor, OnGame is easily the best clearing bonus at my game/stakes. Since I play SH FL, and OnGame has 5-handed SH tables, contributed vs dealt hurts me less. Even taking into account that it is contributed, for me the OnGame bonus is only surpassed by Crypto. For others, for example FR or NL players, contributed is a much bigger factor, and then maybe OnGame isn't as good.

What I was trying to do was simply disprove your assertion that dealt bonuses are better than contributed, no matter what. In general they are, but that depends on the terms. Let me use a ridiculous example - what if one site were to give back the equivalent of $0.10 for every $1 rake for any hands you were dealt in, and another were to give $100 for every $1 rake for any hands you contributed to...which site would you play at? Extreme example, of course...but I think it illustrates my point, which is this:

Contributed vs dealt is an important component of a bonus, but not the only one. Also, it's importance will vary from player to player, depending on what they play.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:56 AM

i know a guy like you who tries to give non real world examples to prove yr point.

full tilt and cake have dealt, ongame has contribution. please use their rates to convince me or others that they would be better off at ongame re bonus and rkbck.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i know a guy like you who tries to give non real world examples to prove yr point.

full tilt and cake have dealt, ongame has contribution. please use their rates to convince me or others that they would be better off at ongame re bonus and rkbck.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sigh. I don't know much about your game/stakes (IE not just what they are, but how they play - pot sizes, etc), nor how you play, so I wouldn't be qualified to do so. I already posted my own numbers for Cake vs OnGame...OnGame clears almost twice as fast for me. FT is worse. For me, OnGame is best. Maybe it isn't for you. All I have been trying to get from you all this time is a concession that even if OnGame isn't the best bonus for you, it might be for other people.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:38 AM

hey mr this.

if you really want to clear [censored] fast learn plo high and low 8 or better.

i just checked bw clear rates. hmmm nl .25 .50 ongme 5x bonus clears at 1.34 hr full ring. cake clears at 1.27 hour.

so to clear 100$ at each should take similiar amount of hours.

yet it takes me 4 times as long at ongame than at cake. somethin just doesnt add up.

cleareance rates at bw just like 2+2 =7.

bw good for informing players of reloads.red star got one now.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:23 PM

u play mostly 2-4........lol.

let me see. $8 an hour u need 56 points at ongame.

as i suspected at that level pots rarely get to max rake level.

pots do get to $20 average. so to get 56 points u have to be in 56 pots per hour .

man u must put into pot 80% of the time..........lol.

u want me to believe u clear $8 bomus at ongame at least say u play 10-20 or higher.............lol.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:07 PM

The OP wanted to compare iPoker bonuses to others. I made the point that one of the best iPoker bonuses(Noble) clears at the same rate per dollar for me at PLO50 (PLO is my only game atm) as a 9x OnGame bonus at FR. I vpip about 3 times a round + two blinds means I contribute to about half the pots.

From your last post BKK one can only surmise you play one table and play like a nit on that table.

The clearance rates on BW can't be accurate because they don't know precisely what pot sizes you'll get, and from my experience PLO generates higher pots than NLHE at the same blind levels.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u play mostly 2-4........lol.

let me see. $8 an hour u need 56 points at ongame.

as i suspected at that level pots rarely get to max rake level.

pots do get to $20 average. so to get 56 points u have to be in 56 pots per hour .

man u must put into pot 80% of the time..........lol.

u want me to believe u clear $8 bomus at ongame at least say u play 10-20 or higher.............lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
You think I have nothing better to do than come on here and lie about how much bonus I clear at OnGame?

If you're going to come on here and argue with someone about how bonus clears, here's a thought - argue either fom experience, or have some calculations to back up your argument.

You don't play what I play, so you don't have the experience.

You also can't do the calculations.

$20 pot? You apparently went to BW, maybe you should have read the bonus clearing notes. You get 0.10 points for every $0.10 that is raked. So basically every time someone sees a flop at 2/4, they will get at least partial points. Whether you want to believe it or not, my numbers come out something like this:

1/2: 25-30 pts/hr
2/4: 50-60 pts/hr
3/6: 75-85 pts/hr

These numbers will vary depending on the players you play with. I tend to table select fairly carefully. So believe what you like, when I play 2/4 I usually clear about $8/hr.

Oh...and my VPIP is about 28.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh...and my VPIP is about 28.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nit. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

My 2/4 and 3/6 rates are pretty close to those you give Bobo, a shade higher if anything....I play SH mostly.

To the OP I think VC poker has just about the best loyalty/signup deals going on the Ipoker network, at least according to them anyway: http://www.vcpoker.com/promotions/fa...uses/index.htm
Old 11-29-2007, 05:32 AM

at 2-4.

to get 60 points an hour at ongame you have to be in 20 pots an hour at maximum rake level. say 70 games an hour at yr vpip u play 20 hands , u telling me all yr hand reach max rake. okie dokie...........lol.

can a mathmatical professor check my calcs and tell me if im off. i could be, as im not perfect.

i watched a few 2-4 games and rarely do pots get to thatlevel.

ever hear about the beardstown ladies, made famous by their supposed superior investing acumen in usa stock market. they said they achieved eye popping stock market return and evn wrote best selling book, i think. well someone actually ran thru their numbers and it was found they performed worst than the stock market average. which made sense as they were buying only stocks everybody else was buying. ant they werent great mkt timers either. just a bunch of misinformed grannies..........lol

ps. mr this.

is 50% vpip acceptable if one is trying not to lose money playing. its great for bonus clearing......lol.

and y r u clearing 9x ongame bonuse dont they have lots of 7x bonuses.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:09 AM

hmmm

ok bobo u win. i just thought of one case where contribution is better for player. if said player has vpip in excess of 5o%.........lol.