Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:09 PM

Default i float possible tilty guy and hit, what\'s my river plan here

Pretty important to this hand is that about 2 or 3 hands earlier, I made a big move on a 3way flop where SB donked out, this guy (who had been preflop raiser) raised in MP, I put him on a okay-but-not-great hand and shoved with a draw (well, raised enough to clearly commit everyone's chips). He folded TP and has been chatting to me about the hand annoyedly and even during the preflop portion of the hand below he is telling me why it was a bad play or something. I don't think he's on irate tilt, but he's definitely annoyed, and I figure looking to play back at me. He seems like a decent player from his analysis of the previous hand, other than the part where he folded and is now educating a fish (me).

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $83.25
BB: $106
Hero (UTG): $125.65
MP: $51.75
CO: $98.50
BTN: $65.90

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, 4 folds, BB calls $3

Flop: ($8.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $15</font>, Hero calls $10

Turn: ($38.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $21</font>, BB calls $21

River: ($80.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks

What's everyone's move on this river? I called the flop assuming he's probably playing back a lot of the time given his chat, then when he calls the turn I figure he actually has something. Effective stacks on river are about $60, a wee bit less than pot sized bet. Issues I face here are that my hand may or may not be face-up to some degree, or at least my hand strength, and obv. the main draw on flop hit.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: i float possible tilty guy and hit, what\'s my river plan here

i think u have to push river for value.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:31 PM

Given the general wierd-ness of his line, I think checking through is okay.

He might be looking to river-sexy you all in... and as you said, the draw hit.

You can't bet anything on the river that you could fold for a push.

I don't think you're missing out on too much value by checking through. I don't think a lot of worse hands call you, and lots of worse or better hands could put you in a bad spot by raising.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're missing out on too much value by checking through. I don't think a lot of worse hands call you, and lots of worse or better hands could put you in a bad spot by raising.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero has less than PSB, he's pushing if he's playing.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero has less than PSB, he's pushing if he's playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is accurate, there is definitely a case for betting a bit smaller to get a call from something like 99 or whatever. But I think you partly mean that if I'm playing, I'm not folding, which is accurate, I don't think there's room for a fold once I make any real bet on the riv here.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:33 PM

wtf are you doin on the flop? either 3bet-shove or just fold to the raise. calling oop with A-high, no draw, is terrible in that spot
Old 11-21-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf are you doin on the flop? either 3bet-shove or just fold to the raise. calling oop with A-high, no draw, is terrible in that spot

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he is gonna keep firing bullets and bullets every single time? I'm calling in position with what is often the best hand, to re-evaluate the turn, where I can fold or make a move, etc. I think 3bet shove here is pretty insanely bad.

Oh I see you wrote OOP... I am not OOP, he is. That's a very big diff here.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:44 PM

so you called a flop raise w/no pair, you turn a pair, bet it like a wuss, and now you're not sure what to do on the river. this tells me you should have folded to the flop raise.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You think he is gonna keep firing bullets and bullets every single time? I'm calling in position with what is often the best hand, to re-evaluate the turn, where I can fold or make a move, etc. I think 3bet shove here is pretty insanely bad.

Oh I see you wrote OOP... I am not OOP, he is. That's a very big diff here.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i thouggt you were OOP, but still the flop is pretty f'in ugly. youre hand isnt "often" best i dont think, and if you think hes fos then shove i hate calling becasue you only hit on the turn 6/47 times so &lt; 13% of the time, and hes almsot always firing at any turn if you call the flop.
also sometimes you get stacked when you do hit one of your "outs" becasue villain may have a set, or hit a a flush, or hit AX 2 pair, etc etc
Old 11-21-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you called a flop raise w/no pair, you turn a pair, bet it like a wuss, and now you're not sure what to do on the river. this tells me you should have folded to the flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the turn to get a raise or at least a call from weak hand. You think just potting the turn here is going to get a good results in any way? Maybe. To me, betting big on this turn is basically letting the opponent play perfectly, unless I have a read that he's a big calling station.

As for a river plan, this river isn't a blank, and I'm not going to fold every flop where I don't have a specific plan for when 2 very specific cards (TPTK hits for me, and then flush completes) hit. I mean, you don't see that if the turn is diff, or the river is diff, this hand is insanely easy to play?