Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Bottom 2 pair

CO is 54/5/1 and MP is a 23/13/1.5. CO is loose pre-flop, but can get aggressive post-flop with draws. The worst draw I've seen him raise like this though is a pair and a flush draw. He will sometimes overvalue top pair though and will also miss value bets on the river in position. I would like comments on all streets please.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 11-13-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Bottom 2 pair

You say that the worst you have seen him pump with with a draw is TP. The flush draw got there. Jh8h got there if he would pump the FD and the oesd. He could already have the QJ straight and if he was sitting in the bush with 99,TT,KK or AK you just got pwned.

You say he sometimes misses value bets in position and with you showing so much strength on the flop, he doesn't seem too scared. Does he put in a river bet with a flopped TP, say KQ?

It would be sick, but I think its a fold given your description.

However in real life if would call and then swear because I knew I should have folded.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:53 PM

Even without your description, that board has hit hands that loose pre-flop cold callers love to play. I'm pretty sure you're alomost drawing dead on the flop against this guy and even if you fill up on the river you could still be behind.

It's a big pot though and I would probably play it the same but be very uncomfortable about it.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:07 PM

i hate being in this spot on the flop.