Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 03-26-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: (NLTRN) heads up roi

If there were 100k 9 man SNGs around for the richest players in the world I'm sure things would be different.

Of course if you have a huge sum of money the biggest games are going to be cash games.

But if you want to compare different levels of MTT, HUSNG and 9-45 man SNG, I think the results would be less obvious and actually valuable. It could help you move up through different games and give you a better idea of how much variance and what kind of success you should have based on previous levels or games you've played. You can kind of get ideas about it now, but I don't think there's any precise data out there that is widely available.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:48 AM

yeh it's a tricky one. I really enjoy HU SnG's but there's nothing like the adrenaline thrill of making a final table of an MTT where you've got a shot at biiiig money. Unfortunately all that's happened in my MTT career is that I've just missed out on the big payouts a frustrating amount of times and my HU profit gets siphoned into mtt buy-ins, with my overall $ staying around even.

I've begun to wonder if I'm just wasting my time with MTT's and should concentrate on HU. Anyone had similar experiences?
Old 03-27-2007, 02:06 AM

What level HUSNG and MTT do you play? How many of each have you played roughly? Do you have ROIs for each of these you can accurately give?

If you're a better HU player and you're content playing those for awhile there's no reason not to play them. Otherwise, move down a level in MTT if you can, those 180 man SNGs aren't the hardest MTT type games in the world...
Old 05-18-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can play 7.5 matches per hour single tabling and with a 15% ROI can make a killer hourly on a short roll, thus the appeal.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this standard (7.5 matches per hour, single tabling)?
at what level and at what site?
that works out to 8 minutes a pop. certainly some are over in 1 minute, but it seems like a ton more last a lot longer than 8 minutes.