Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Why does this guy even play poker?

Why do we have to agree? His priority was to lock up a spot in the money, and he adjusted his strategy accordingly.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:01 PM

so while AA is definatly dominate pre flop we all have those horror stories of AA being beat by 86 or something like that so obv this guy didn't want to be the victim of an unlucky break and played accordingly and 70K ain't a bad pay day
Old 05-06-2007, 11:05 PM

I love it. When they interviewed Ed and the others at the table, David Williams gave off the vibe that the OP did, why should this guy even be playing poker. Then Ed finished higher than Williams and 95 % of the rest of the field. $10k and up is a [censored] ton of money to some people. It is to me to me at least. I can’t fault him for wanting a piece of that. He did what it took to get into the money.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:08 PM

Why the [censored] are people being soft on him?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do we have to agree? His priority was to lock up a spot in the money, and he adjusted his strategy accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-06-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love it. When they interviewed Ed and the others at the table, David Williams gave off the vibe that the OP did, why should this guy even be playing poker. Then Ed finished higher than Williams and 95 % of the rest of the field. $10k and up is a [censored] ton of money to some people. It is to me to me at least. I can’t fault him for wanting a piece of that. He did what it took to get into the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

But did you read the tournament circuit thread posted above where a reporter for Pokerwire said that the guy bought in for the 10K. If that's true, there's no way the guy can be defended.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] brilliant.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why the [censored] are people being soft on him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry...HOPE THAT WEAK TIGHT FISH BURNS IN HELL.

gawd, what was I thinking...
Old 05-06-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But if David Williams got rockets three times he may well have finished above this [censored].
Old 05-06-2007, 11:33 PM

To be honest I’m not sure Ed can be fully defended. He made an –EV move multiple times because of something that happened to him some 20 years before. What I will say is that he is human just like the rest of us and we all make –EV moves from time to time, in addition to that, we all know that Ed is not a top tier pro but rather a recreational player.

A lot of 2+2’ers have a real tendency to pounce on anyone who doesn’t make what the consensus deems the correct play is at all times. The consensus is usually right but thank god this isn’t a perfect world. I think this is an example of that. As was said earlier, if you were at Ed’s table at Bay 101 and you made a 3x ~ 4x raise looking to steal the blinds do you want Ed mucking or calling you.

Ed got an irrational fear that he was going to get his aces cracked and be out of the money just like so many years before. He did what he thought would propel him to the money. It worked, it won’t work all the time or even most of the time, but it did. End of story.