Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 11-22-2007, 02:22 PM

Default ipoker bonuses vs. the rest

Hi, I would be grateful if anyone with a bit of experience of working bonuses off could point me in the right direction. I am from the UK and built my bankroll playing PLO8b at Party and then worked off the sign up bonsus at Full Tilt.

I stumbled onto the ipoker network through a blog I read. So I’ve started to work my way from skin to skin, they all vary slightly in what they offer, but I’m very happy with the sign up bonus and some other bonuses they throw in along the way. The best thing is that I earn points on every raked hand in which I am dealt cards, this doesn’t penalise me for playing tight. The main problem is lack of games, but that is a problem with PLO8b at any site outside of Poker Stars or Full Tilt.

I was thinking of taking another slice of my bankroll and using it to work off sign up bonuses on other networks. So I would be effectively multi tabling across networks. I have checked out microgaming (32 Red) and ongame (Mansion) , both sites offer sign up bonuses but only award points to those players who contribute to a raked hand.

So my question is, would it be cost effective for me to try to work off the full bonuses considering realistically I will only be able to play 1x $100 & 1x $200 at a time for approx 25 hours a week? Maths is not my strong point but my gut feeling is probably not. I am happy with the size of my bankroll and see sign up bonuses as the equivalent of a short term rake reduction. Should I at this point be content with the ipoker bonuses and look to sites that offer rake back as my next step?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: ipoker bonuses vs. the rest

lol ;i am a plo8 player too and was in the same situation last year with lack of traffic in this game , so i mademy way whoring site to site

shot me a pm , i ll tell u which site u can find action on omaha high low and to fin

u are true in one thing, except pokerstars and full tilt this is not often u find a site when u can multitable
Old 11-22-2007, 05:09 PM

Do some bonuses through PSO and Savvy, they offer great value. As far as networks OnGame have very good bonuses, and although you need to contribute to the pot, are still easy to clear, particularly Towers 5x $200. Check out the rakeback forums and make a post requesting rakeback offers before joining Tower.

Hollywood also offers some good sign up bonuses (do them through PSO) at 6x points. You wont need to change your game to clear these easily enough, compared to iPoker they clear fairly fast imo.

Microgaming would be one of my last choices personally.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do some bonuses through PSO and Savvy, they offer great value. As far as networks OnGame have very good bonuses, and although you need to contribute to the pot, are still easy to clear, particularly Towers 5x $200. Check out the rakeback forums and make a post requesting rakeback offers before joining Tower.

[/ QUOTE ]
Solid advice.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:35 PM

Thanks for all the comments, it seems it might be worth investigating the Ongame network a bit further.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Microgaming would be one of my last choices personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the microgaming sites are actually okay in that you don't have to contribute to the pot in order for it to count as a raked hand. Boylesports for example offer $100 match 800 raked hands of 25 cents or more to clear (very easy at NL50 and i presume PLO8). Another added benefit is the software is faster and more reliable than Ongames. I play on Ongame now (mostly NL and Sit and Go's) but that because ive already cleared the most profitable microgaming ones. I agree that signing up through an affiliate makes ongame a profitable alternative. Just thought i'd add another option.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:38 PM

u a wise man sir.

dealt vs contribution is a big deal,especially if you like to play good starting hands.

ongame is contribution and is ok but it skks compared to bonus and rkbck at places like full tilt, cake and crypto.

ongame is best used to fill out yr multitabling.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u a wise man sir.

dealt vs contribution is a big deal,especially if you like to play good starting hands.

ongame is contribution and is ok but it skks compared to bonus and rkbck at places like full tilt, cake and crypto.

ongame is best used to fill out yr multitabling.

[/ QUOTE ]
uhm i think tower bonus+rakeback that goes up to 75% beats FT rakeback any day.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:28 PM

When I first joined Party I did so without a bonus. At the time I was a bit disappointed. Now 12 months down the line I'm quite glad I didn't get lured into working bonuses off. It has taken me a year/18 months to get to grips with playing poker to a half decent level. If I had tried to combine learning the game with working out which bonuses to work off I think it would have affected my overall game.
I am only just onto my second ipoker skin and already I can see it is going to take me longer than the first. The sites seem to have slightly different ways of calculating the points you are awarded per hand.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:09 AM

now i get it.

contibution places r great if you move up in limits and play shorthanded.

if you play higher yr game better be good or else bonus and rkb wont matter.

is everyone here part of the 5% that actually win playing the game?

sir, why cant you clear bonus and work on game at same time. worked for me and i did get better at plo ,plo hi low.