heel 0 0%
face 0 0%
BASTARD! 2 40.00%
ship it holla trollas 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, OCTOBER, READ RULES IN TOP POST

As for when did it happen, it's in his blog on the SNG Icons website. Slim, do you still play SNG's? I'm not even sure if you've given out your username here.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:20 PM

All, check the Werewolf thread, join up. It's going to be a fun, easy, beginner type kind of game so if you don't know, you can learn.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:35 PM

It's [censored] strange to have a real job again. These people expect me to actually work to earn my paycheck . . . wtf is up with that?!?!?

Actually, it's not too bad and the hours will be pretty decent once I get up to speed with my cases. The billing expectations for law firms here in Atlanta seem to be MUCH more reasonable than I'm used to seeing after working in Boston.

Random responses to various people:

1. Link to dancer is dead.
2. Congrats on the engagement.
3. [censored] jgunnip has to have gone to the one school that can legitimately talk [censored] about BC in hockey (and the two are basically on par if you go back over the last 10 years or so).
4. 5400fpp tables are great. With lower play level, lost my platinum status and am silver now so the usual suspects for spending my fpp (been saving up onecall gc for my soon-to-be-purchased lcd tv) are gone. So I'm making about double that rate playing these sats. Skill game.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm engaged! Spent my entire BR on the ring!!! jk

I proposed to my gf of 4 years this weekend. Might not be another 2 years before we get married though, I'll probably be starting grad school in the fall & she will be finishing it, but possibly starting law school.

Life = over?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were ghey? not trying to be condescending

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, why did you think that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you jokingly said you were gay once in a thread, and I took it to be the truth. Congrats tho bro.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:43 PM

just traded $50 to brother in fraternity, got him playing on stars. over/under on when he busts or robusts ?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:50 PM

over/under: 26 hours.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm engaged! Spent my entire BR on the ring!!! jk

I proposed to my gf of 4 years this weekend. Might not be another 2 years before we get married though, I'll probably be starting grad school in the fall & she will be finishing it, but possibly starting law school.

Life = over?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were ghey? not trying to be condescending

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, why did you think that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you jokingly said you were gay once in a thread, and I took it to be the truth. Congrats tho bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Thanks, much appreciated.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:59 PM

For sale: Engagement ring.

It's absolutely beautiful. The ring has been appraised at $5500 (with certificate). It's brand new. An engagement got broke off (not mine - a good friend of mine) and she (obviously) doesn't want the ring anymore. She's willing to part with it for less than the appraised value.

If anyone is seriously interested in it, please PM me your best offer and I can send you pics.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 10-16-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone taking any prop bet action against Spacegravy on his challenge?

$25K in 30 days playing $60 STT's... yeah OK

[/ QUOTE ]

When did this happen? It's really going to suck when people start noticing his ATC-ish SB open-shoves. Their spite-calls are going to be close to correct and it's WAY -$EV over the course of the game to shove too wide when the player to your left knows your too-wide range and calls correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not believe that spacegravy will successfully complete this challenge. However, most of his SNG experience is at the $16 level where several of your opponents to the left will be spite calling without even knowing it. Therefore he should be able to adapt his pushing ranges accordingly.

As for when did it happen, it's in his blog on the SNG Icons website. Slim, do you still play SNG's? I'm not even sure if you've given out your username here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah... I'll check out his blog. I don't generally read any non-bones blog entries. Why bore yourself with regular people's general angst when you can have dickrash?

As for his possible success, the difference between bad $16 accidental spite-callers and higher-level players correctly calling wide is that the bad players spew so much $EV around the table to everyone else all the time that it basically offsets when they do it to you. Good players at the 60's (or even mediocre ones a lot of the time) will adapt to a player as an individual if he's at every table of theirs for a month straight shoving ATC into their BB. What then happens is everyone loses to the rake once the blinds gte high, just as a bunch of bad players left to themselves would. The volume he'd need to put in seems doable. The ROI necessary to do it before his brain shuts down like those crazy Korean warcraft players who die in their chairs at the internet cafe doesn't seem so possible to me.

My screen name is AtomicDog239 on both Stars and Full Tilt, though I haven't played any STTs on the Stars one in almost a year. I'm seriously trying to learn cash, though I'm still in the "sucking ass" phase, so not much STT play at all lately. Also, any mistake I make in a STT now is due to general poker suckage and not STT-related suckage, so the cash route is going to improve me all-around.

EDIT: I just noticed he's setting his own odds at 2:1 against. My guess is more like 5:1 against, but that's just my unprofessional opinion. I'd love to bet it at 2:1 but I'd feel bad about winning because it seems like more of a motivator for him to play a lot than an actual +EV bet.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For sale: Engagement ring.

It's absolutely beautiful. The ring has been appraised at $5500 (with certificate). It's brand new. An engagement got broke off (not mine - a good friend of mine) and she (obviously) doesn't want the ring anymore. She's willing to part with it for less than the appraised value.

If anyone is seriously interested in it, please PM me your best offer and I can send you pics.

Thanks,
Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, great timing. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread