Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

This is my list of EVs:

EV+:
Patrick
Daniel N.
Antonio E.
Doyle

EV-:
Jamie Gold
Sammy
Guy L.

Borderline:
David B.
Barry G.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I read somewhere that Gold wins 400k or 600k in this session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. If true that's what makes poker great. A absolute super -EV player can win.

That guy flat sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can u really make that quote?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well from what I know about poker, watching him raise with no hand no draw post flop with 3-4 players in the hand is just terrible. Calling a post flop bet with K10 high and planning to float/bet the turn is just awful. If benyamine had a big hand he's checkraising the turn knowing what this idiot is doing.

To me it just seems like it's nothing but a question of time when he loses all his money. I just keep waiting for that moment.

The only thing I will give him credit for is not playing with scared money. Then again I think that's just an attribute of his low intelligence.

He's just some luckbox donkament winner that has no idea how the real world works for real poker pros. It's a daily grind. Very few grinders win lotteries.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is my list of EVs:

EV+:
Patrick
Daniel N.
Antonio E.
Doyle

EV-:
Jamie Gold
Sammy
Guy L.

Borderline:
David B.
Barry G.

[/ QUOTE ]

Die
Old 11-06-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is my list of EVs:

EV+:
Patrick
Daniel N.
Antonio E.
Doyle

EV-:
Jamie Gold
Sammy
Guy L.

Borderline:
David B.
Barry G.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, Daniel's +EV and he's not even there! He must be ridiculously good.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dissorono on the rocks.

Such a dumb commercial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially the 50th time you see it.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can NOT believe Doyle did not call in that spot. first, he can' simply call the bet on the turn, not expecting another big bet on the river. so the only reason he didin't call, in my opinion, is that he KNEW that he would be playing for all of his 500K and simply didin't want to put all his money in. He had the third nuts against GOLD, a bad player who bluffs way too many times... but it comes down to this: almost everyone is playing 'scared' except for Guy who is a billionaire and 500K is not like $5 to you and me. Doyle was right when he said in the preview that everyone at the table is playing above their limits, except for Guy....

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously have never played 400+ BB deep before.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:49 AM

Dudes. U tube yet?

* want to see *

cant find it on tube yet or pokertube.com
Old 11-06-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"omg how can Doyle fold, wtf?"

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, this is the most disappointing hand I have ever seen on any season of High Stakes Poker. Jamie is supposed to go broke there. It can be on the turn or it can be on the river, but it definitely needs to happen.

I do not loathe Jamie Gold like a lot of people in this forum. However, I do like it when the "pros" stick it to the "amateurs." To me, there is nothing better than old school players teaching newbies a lesson. I think it's because it seems like a lot of people win a tournament and suddenly think they belong in the same group as world class players. Nobody is more old school than Doyle, someone who's been doing it for fifty years and has proven himself to be one of the best ever. Gold epitomizes the upstart luckboxes that suddenly find amazing fame without fully deserving it for the merits of their ability to play poker.

Anyway, long story short, my best case scenario in that group of players would be Doyle breaking Jamie. A close second would be Barry doing it, because he is also a proven player and very classy.

Anyway, as far as the actual hand goes, I absolutely cannot believe Doyle folded that hand. He's got the 3rd best possible hand. He's being check-raised on the turn by someone who has already proclaimed he wants to be the world's greatest bluffer. Seriously, who bluffs more in that game than Jamie Gold? There are far more made hands that Doyle crushes than vice versa. Worst possible play in my opinion.

1) Reraise all in. Don't give Gold a chance to suck out if he just has a pair with a higher spade, two pair, or a set. Get all the money in with the near nuts.

2) Call. This leaves you well over 300k on the river and you have position. See what comes and what Jamie does then.

3) Fold. Seriously, bad bad bad idea. Don't do it.

I will honestly be very surprised if many people disagree with me on this.

I was SHOCKED.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:59 AM

The more I see of David Benyamine, the more I like him. It seems like he's always smiling and having a good time. If he's in a heads up pot, he'll talk about the hand just as casually as if he was discussing the weather or something. It's pretty funny when you consider the amount of money that's in the pot. It would seem like you'd want to clam up (unless you're Jamie Gold) and try not to give anything away. I love his attitude and the way he plays though. I also like the way he says "flush draw."

That's ballsy to fire a third bullet of 80k on the turn with no pair, no draw, and 7 high. I like it. Could never do it, but I like it a lot.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The more I see of David Benyamine, the more I like him. It seems like he's always smiling and having a good time.

[/ QUOTE ]