Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: best line?

personally, i am in the same camp as fwf and bigt2k4-- i just dont think we are f'd it we get it in on this turn.

as always, there are a couple of really good players that feel the exact opposite. cts and/or krantz, could you please explain with a few more sentences why you would feel pretty good about getting it all in vs a c/r on the turn, please?
Old 10-08-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
personally, i am in the same camp as fwf and bigt2k4-- i just dont think we are f'd it we get it in on this turn.

as always, there are a couple of really good players that feel the exact opposite. cts and/or krantz, could you please explain with a few more sentences why you would feel pretty good about getting it all in vs a c/r on the turn, please?

[/ QUOTE ]

because when you go apeshit animal crazy on people or they think you do they start trying to win every reraised pot and constantly bluff scare cards or get it all in to protect their hands when they have worse hands like KQ no spade and then TPTK is the nuts
Old 10-08-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because when you go apeshit animal crazy on people or they think you do they start trying to win every reraised pot and constantly bluff scare cards or get it all in to protect their hands when they have worse hands like KQ no spade and then TPTK is the nuts

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. i figured it was a style/image thing.

but, dont you play batshit crazy as well? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
personally, i am in the same camp as fwf and bigt2k4 -- i just dont think we are f'd it we get it in on this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I read just read this thread now and didn't post.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:19 PM

i dont see any way that betting 720/saying "no spade"/calling is anything less than perfect
Old 10-08-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
personally, i am in the same camp as fwf and bigt2k4 -- i just dont think we are f'd it we get it in on this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I read just read this thread now and didn't post.

[/ QUOTE ]

IM IN YO HEAD!

i confused you w/ bigt439 apparently [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hm i dont think i really have a very passive and in-line image..
Old 10-09-2007, 04:29 AM

I would've thought he'd CR QJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], AJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and AQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the flop, which I think are the suited [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s he can have here. Maybe you're too deep, though.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Big thanks for short and clear explanation FWF, AJFenix also thx for yours, I agree on +EV is +EV although it might not be a very big +EV situation. Already said I think both fold or a call or pretty marginal here and wasn't sure what to do. But I think the call can be a slight +EV, if it messes with people their head if you call there it might be a huge +EV call in the future although the play at the time itself might be a little spewy against certain players...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:41 AM

BET MORE ON flop