Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Basketball Rule Question

Youth, HS or College basketball:
Ball is being inbounded from the baseline after going out of bounds. The team throws it down the court and is tipped(no possession) by one of its own players and goes out of bounds on the sideline without touching another player. Where is the ball inbounded? In other words, is it played as if it wasn't touched and go back to the opposing team on the same baseline or does the inbound come from where it went out of bounds off of the tip? Thanks.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Basketball Rule Question

Where it went out after the tip. Only goes back to the original spot if it wasn't touched at all.

[i]Edit: I should qualify that answer with the statement that I'm about 98.7% sure that it's correct, only because I hate when someone authoritatively declares something that is actually wrong, and I never want to do that myself.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where it went out after the tip. Only goes back to the original spot if it wasn't touched at all.

[i]Edit: I should qualify that answer with the statement that I'm about 98.7% sure that it's correct, only because I hate when someone authoritatively declares something that is actually wrong, and I never want to do that myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm as sure if not more then you. If touched it goes to that spot. If untouched it returns to the inbound spot.

Cody
Old 06-11-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm as sure if not more then you. If touched it goes to that spot. If untouched it returns to the inbound spot.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I don't have a rule book in front of me, but this is how I recall it from when I played.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I should qualify that answer with the statement that I'm about 98.7% sure that it's correct, only because I hate when someone authoritatively declares something that is actually wrong, and I never want to do that myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I don't have a rule book in front of me, but this is how I recall it from when I played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fix the goddamned italics.