Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Hey, an actual NLHE game theory question/simulation.

Isn't this what the section on Sklansky-Chubukov Numbers in No Limit Holdem Theory and Practice is all about?

Have you read that section of the book in relation to the problem that you are working on?

[ QUOTE ]
N_call and N_fold are the number of hands that will call/fold given that you move in with the maximum stack that you will do so with. P|call is the probability of winning given that you are called (plus 1/2 the probability of tieing). The last number is the original question.

S-C Numbers

[/ QUOTE ]

Armed with these numbers, NLHETAP gives a chart on opponent's pushing hand ranges (from any two cards, to just QQ-AA/AK), and then gives the hand ranges for +EV calls vs those ranges based on the S-C numbers.

Aren't you working on the same kind of thing?
Old 10-20-2007, 03:32 AM

I think the SC numbers are when we push with our hand face up, and hence are based purely on the probability of the opponent having a hand that has enough equity to call against our specific hand, not against our range.

The Jam/Fold numbers in The Mathematics of Poker consider our range in the opponents decision to call, and hence give the optimal solution.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Download this: http://econweb.tamu.edu/gambit/

Then goto this page and follow the flash tutorial to have some idea what you're doing.

Then download and have a good look at "4cards.efg" (at the bottom of the same page).

You should be able then to work out how to get this working for your game using equities generated in poker-stove. Atm, I'm just trying to work out how to write some code to generate the ".efg" file automatically for the full push/fold game and then adapt it to allow for limps/checks using a simple heuristic instead of real post-flop play.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why all the hassle?

As I understood OP he want to program that. I would recommend him to read the instruction (readme.txt) of Alex Selby's poker theory stuff:
http://www.archduke.org/simplex/index.html

There are also source codes there for limit (which are rather useless). But reading the readme.txt i was able to code jam/fold (and in general equlibrium) approximation working fine (e.g. gives same results as in ackerman and chen).
Old 10-29-2007, 03:37 AM

check out SC numbers
Old 10-29-2007, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check out SC numbers

[/ QUOTE ]
read two posts above, sc numbers are not the optimal strategy
Old 10-29-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If anyone else could verify this, I would be thankful and impressed. If not, in general, how does this sound? I can provide some numbers for people that want to help me debug it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could compare to Alex Selby's optimal preflop which can be used to simulate pre-fold jam-fold by setting bet sizes.