Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 03:14 PM

Default How To Manage A Split BR? Stars/FTP

How do i work that out? Right now i have $73 on Stars and $93 on FTP. I want to play NLHE so what stakes on what site? i usualy play 3-4 tables max.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: How To Manage A Split BR? Stars/FTP

i had been grinding out the .01/.02 on stars getting ready to move up when i checked my ftp account and my rakeback hit my account, so now my br more than doubled. i had been crushing the .01/02, .02/.05 and the .05/.10 on stars and built it up to $150 then i got tilted/tired one night/early mourning and played $1-2 6max LO8 and lost it down to $37. very stupid i know, wont happen again. i built it back to $73 and now my rb hit on ftp.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:27 PM

Depends on how easily you can move money back and forth between the two sites, or redeposit when you go busto.

Go ahead and play .05/.10 if you want, though your roll is slightly on the low side. I'd say stick to .02/.05 until you have $200 total. Also remember that FTP's rake at .05/.10 is 10%, where Stars' is 5%.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on how easily you can move money back and forth between the two sites, or redeposit when you go busto.

Go ahead and play .05/.10 if you want, though your roll is slightly on the low side. I'd say stick to .02/.05 until you have $200 total. Also remember that FTP's rake at .05/.10 is 10%, where Stars' is 5%.

[/ QUOTE ]well i think .05/.10 is the lowest game on tilt so what if i play that and .02/.05 on stars. it is realy easier for me to have it all on one site but i like the rb and also i like the tons of options on stars on tournies. i'd think of consolodating it to one site via the transfer thread but i dont know where to chose. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 10:41 PM

Why not play on stars, build up a bigger roll, then move some of it to FTP? So long as you learn quickly and play disciplined, you should have no problem making an extra $100 or so that you can then deposit onto FTP and be well rolled for the .05/.10 games.

Aside from that you could also try the cap games on FTP, or try playing SNG's/tournies on FTP.