Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Carnoustie

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, discuss - that's what the "just google it" crowd miss. Posts lead to other posts - leads to threads - leads to message boards. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would never say "just google it" when referring to the rules of golf. I said, check your copy of The Rules of Golf. Big difference.

Plus, I never said I knew the rule. I was simply trying to lead a probable novice down a path of knowledge. If others think I'm being a meanie then so be it, I could care less. But most are ignorant when it comes to The Rules of Golf and would benefit greatly from knowing them.

BO
Old 07-21-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, I never said I knew the rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you don't? Well... *I* know the rule and I'm not gonna tell you. Go check the Rules of Golf. ha ha! look at me I'm smart!
Old 07-21-2007, 06:13 PM

Yeah for me picking B!!! I think it's going to be great for golf when Sergio wins tomorrow. Plus we'll probably get to see more Sergio commercials. (I know. I know.)
Old 07-21-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus we'll probably get to see more Sergio commercials. (I know. I know.)

[/ QUOTE ]

The only Sergio commercial I've seen is of this cute chick at home dressed up in girly golf attire and her friend asking her why she's dressed like that. She says she has a date with Sergio Garcia.

So the doorbell rings and it's Sergio all dressed up like he's going out to party. The girl says "I don't understand... I thought we were going to 'hit the clubs.'" *makes golf club swinging motion*

So Sergio says "Um, yeah... *does a little dancing motion* 'hit the clubs.'" and the chick stands there with a confused face.

I found it oddly hilarious.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:29 PM

Sergio has some pretty cool Michelob commercials..he used to bang Martina Hingis.

What will Tiger need to shoot to actually make a run? or is it pretty much impossible.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:32 PM

If Tiger shoots 4 or 5 under he should have a pretty good chance.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Tiger shoots 4 or 5 under he should have a pretty good chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be surprised if 6 under was good enough to win with all the players at -3 or better. I don't think Tiger has much of a chance in this one, which is too bad because I want to see him make Sergio sweat it out.

Also, the Sergio Michelob commercials are hilariously awkward. They are fantastic.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sergio has some pretty cool Michelob commercials..he used to bang Martina Hingis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine that was interesting, to say the least. He also banged the girl from the "Nice shot, Sergio" commercial, and recently Greg Norman's daughter.

He's played just brilliantly so far, Tigeresque, and if not for Stricker's tremendous round today, this thing would be 99.9999999% over. Props to everyone who picked Group B, btw.

I'm sure one of the -3 guys will get it to -7, and I don't think Stricker will collapse. But a nice & easy 71 should have Sergio in with little drama.

Of course, it IS Carnoustie, & Sergio on a Sunday in a major. If the weather kicks up anything could happen, & triple bogey is always 'round the corner w/an unlucky lie in the gorse or a pot bunker.

But I'll be pretty surprised if he doesn't win by at least two, and I also think he'll win a couple more fairly soon after, a la Phold after his breakthrough.

And if he collapses, oh baby. Van de Velde will be the happiest guy about it, as nobody will be talking about HIS gag anymore.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:34 PM

I don't know why, but I find Tiger's new commercial hilarious. All it is is him whistling Eye of the Tiger while putting on his shoes.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are too much expectations for Tiger. He can't be in contention at every major

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? Last four majors: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuz' maybe in the past there have been majors where he hasn't been in contention?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not often, and not lately.

The last 3 years:

05 Masters - 1st
05 US Open - 2nd
05 British - 1st
05 PGA - 4th
06 Masters - 3rd
06 US Open - Cut (Earl's death)
06 British - 1st
06 PGA - 1st
07 Masters - 2nd
07 US Open - 2nd

I mean, yeah I'm on his nuts, but he deserves it. He's the inarguably at least the 2nd greatest golfer of all time and he's only 31.

It's like watching Jordan, or Gretzky. It's something that is just awesome to be able to watch in my lifetime. Do people go over the top with their praise? Maybe. But man, I don't know how one doesn't still enjoy the hell out of him and what he does. It's mind-boggling.