Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Few hands from a live $25 donkament

Blinds 200-400

I'm sitting behind probably ~6500, dealt 22. Limp in EP. 2 other limpers sb completes BB checks.

flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. sb and BB check I bet 400 all of them fold. Should I check instead? I thought a bet this small was enticing as the players were quite horrible and I didn't want to give a free heart. thoughts?

hand 2: Final table, all in the money, dealt pocket 4's in the cutoff. blinds 1-2k. I've got about 17k left. MP open shoves for 5k. folded to me I ask for a count of players to my left's stack to see if they're short. I decide to push all-in. Is this a fold/call/shove?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Few hands from a live $25 donkament

first hand - good to bet, but 400 was too small of a bet. there was 1600 in the pot so anyone drawing to a flush had the straight pot odds to call plus the implied odds for what they could get on later streets. you could check and hope that someone with an A or K bets so you can check raise but that gives a free card to anyone drawing. a better bet size would have been about 1k.

FT hand - you're probably ahead of his pushing range since his M is less than 2. so the push is fine. even if the players to your left have you covered, they're probably not going to call two all ins without a super premium hand.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:57 AM

Hand1: Bet t1500 on this flop. If everyone folds, not much you can do about that.

Hand2: I like a fold here. You want fold equity with moves like this, and here you haven't got it. Push 99+, AQ+, AJs+
Old 03-06-2007, 08:50 AM

Hand 1. There is 2K in the pot, so lead for about 1K. You need to lead this flop and usually you don't pick up the pot. Any ace or flush draw doesn't fold to the minbet and a king probably calls too. Obviously they figured you had the ace.

Try minbetting or betting less than half pot with multiway pots at some other flops where you totally missed and it is not an obvious action flop. This move seems to work.

Hand 2. I am not clear about your position or the size of the stacks behind you, but the push may be could. You are clearly ahead of pot odds versus the pusher's range. TT-AA generally call from behind you, and is a 2.3% chance each of the players to act has one of those hands.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:29 PM

great post i learn more from this site everyday.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:19 PM

The most important thing about hand 2 is how villain got that short... If he has been basically blinded down to 5k waiting on a hand, I dont think I like a call here, as I would assume you are behind his range even with the pot odds... otherwise you should be golden here...
Old 03-06-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The most important thing about hand 2 is how villain got that short... If he has been basically blinded down to 5k waiting on a hand, I dont think I like a call here, as I would assume you are behind his range even with the pot odds... otherwise you should be golden here...

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, I had JUST sat down at the table and had no real reads or experience with him. I assumed he understood push-botting and M but as it turns out he didn't. After he flipped JJ, I just assumed he was a big donk waiting for TT+, AQ+ to push. sad for me.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:24 PM

Hand 1 - Bet 1200 on the flop. You want to get as much money into this pot as possible and you want to do it as quickly as possible. You are going to get paid off by an ace or a flush draw so why price in a broadway gutshot draw too?

Hand 2 - Push and fold are both fine. If the blinds have been easy to steal then I probably fold because if you lose this hand and the blinds hit you then your fold equity on pf steals is greatly deminished. A push is also fine and is definitely immediately +cEV because you are ahead of his range, especially with the dead money from the blinds in the pot