Default NL50 KT against 3 barrel donkbettor

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $50.50
CO: $43.50
BTN: $23.45
SB: $59.60
Hero (BB): $50

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB calls $3

Turn: ($12) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, SB calls $6.50

River: ($26) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $6</font>, Hero ??
Old 12-01-2007, 06:54 AM

Default Re: NL50 KT against 3 barrel donkbettor

Don't fold ldo. If the heart didn't get there I like shoving. I think he probably calls shove with Tx but that is pretty high variance play. A lot of his range is just Ax air IMO. Probably not a flush draw or big kicker Ten, or six. Impossible to really assign how often he has what. What did you think at the exact moment?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:02 AM

I'll post my thoughts a bit later.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:27 AM

raise more on turn. call river as played
Old 12-01-2007, 06:01 PM

Well, here are my thoughts during the hand:

reads:

There are no reads. We will find out later in the hand why: because this type of opponent will not last long enough to get statistical significance.

pre-flop:

This mini-raise gives us great odds with about any two cards in a blind vs. blind situation. It's also the first indication that this might be a bad player.

flop:

We can't really get much from his bet because he is the pre-flop raiser and might do this with any hand. We raise because top pair good kicker in a blind vs. blind situation is likely to be the best hand and also because we can take this opportunity to show him that we can't be bullied around.

When he calls our raise it's quite likely he has some kind of hand. His range is any medium pocket pair, a weak T or a 6 or 3 or a flush draw.

turn:

His min-donk can mean two things: either he has a really weak hand and wants to block or he has a really big hand and wants to be tricky and thinks we would raise again. I'm pretty sure a 6 is in his range because a player who would do that kind of bet would do it with a 6 as well. I disagree with raising more on the turn as we would get too close to commitment before we know if he has a 6. We raise just enough to not give him outs with a flush draw. When he just calls our raise we can pretty much eliminate any 6 from his range, though.

river:

Flush draw comes in. His bet is really too weak for this kind of player to have a flush, though (they usually bomb the river then). Most likely is a weak one-pair hand that turned two pair because the board paired on the turn.

My only question is if we can raise for value here. Will a weak one-pair hand call a raise? I don't think we can call a push here because however unlikely a 6 or a flush is a push with this pot size would have to make us reconsider. So we just call but wonder if there would have been more value in the hand.