Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 01:30 PM

Default FT 5.50 TT overpair on a dry board, good call?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t15/t30
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t1755
UTG+1: t1545
MP1: t1395
MP2: t1620
MP3: t1440
CO: t1380
Button: t1395
SB: t1470
Hero: t1500

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls t30 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t45)</font>, <font color="#red">MP2 raises to t135</font>, 2 folds, Button calls t135 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t210)</font>, SB folds, Hero calls t105 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t345)</font>, MP1 folds.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t450, 3 players)
<font color="#red">Hero bets t300</font>, <font color="#red">MP2 raises all-in t1485</font>, Button folds, <font color="#red">Hero calls all-in t1065</font>.
Uncalled bets: t120 returned to MP2.

Turn: : (t3180, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t3180)

River: : (t3180, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t3180)

Results:
Final pot: t3180

Pretty early in the tournament, so no individual reads but overall the table has been kinda loose to put it kindly. I'm pretty sure that the call is good pf as is the lead, but I'm not sure about calling the all-in. I sort of put him on
A8, 99+, AJ+. His all-in sure does smell like an attempt to push me out of the pot. If he has QQ+, I see him rr me and not shoving over the top. I do see him shoving with 99 or A8 or AQ+. Good call for all of my chips? Don't risk it here? Thoughts?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: FT 5.50 TT overpair on a dry board, good call?

[ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that the call is good pf

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah playing for set value here I presume?

[ QUOTE ]

I sort of put him on
A8, 99+, AJ+. His all-in sure does smell like an attempt to push me out of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please put a realistic range 77+ i think here. His pf range indicates lots of strenght.

[ QUOTE ]

If he has QQ+, I see him rr me and not shoving over the top.

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm that would make it look so fishy! How about he min-reraises you for 50%+ of his stack. This seems like a *please call scream*. He has a good hand.

[ QUOTE ]

I do see him shoving with 99 or A8 or AQ+. Good call for all of my chips? Don't risk it here? Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying he will not re-raise with air...OK.. what do you beat: 44,55,66,99 and top pair and obvisouly air.

Fold!
Old 07-22-2007, 02:03 PM

So early on, I would fold too. Basically the whole hand sucks. The pot is so big, that you have to put in a decent bet on the flop to know where you are. This costs you a lot of chips.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:25 PM

I'm not playing for set value necessarily, although that's what I was hoping for, but TT is no where near strong enough to RR preflop. He could come back right over the top with AK, AQ, who knows what, and do I really want to call that? No way. I don't have enough information about his hand, save that he has a pretty good hand (and I don't think a rr will give me anymore). If I hit a set, great, but I wasn't playing for it alone. I was looking to hit a decent board. TT is too good to lay down at this point pf, IMO. You're right though, I do think I underestimated the strength of his hand, and I guess with stacksizes as they are, a minraise would look a little fishy, although I still don't think some kind of raise would be bad (asides from the all-in) but you do have to mix those kinds of things in. FWIW, I called and he had JJ and he took it down. Thanks for the input, I def. should have folded after the raise.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:50 AM

Just check the flop. They will define their hand pretty well on the flop and you can go from there.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:38 AM

check the flop.as played - FOLD (what the hell do you beat that he is pushing with?!?)
Old 07-23-2007, 07:18 AM

i don't like the preflop call - for set mining your hand is too good.
think i would push this preflop - you're out of position after the flop in a multiway pot - that's not good with TT - and with a push you have some FE too.
don't like the size of the flop bet too - have you thought about what you will do to a raise or a shove before you bet?
i would make the bet bigger - pot sized - than i have no problem with a call to an all-in or, which i also think is the best way - check the flop.
as played here i think it's a fold.