Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 01:02 PM

Default AK in BB

Live 8/16 Have only been at the table about 10-15 minutes so not too much yet as reads. I have only played one hand I think so far.

UTG(unknown)raises, 3 calls, SB calls, Hero is BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and 3 bets, UTG caps. I look at him & he nicely says "I have a capping hand" which since he is an unknown can mean anything still. The rest call, Hero calls. 6 to the flop

(23.5 SBs) Flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, 3 callers, SB folds. 5 to the turn

(14 BBs) Turn comes the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Hero Bets, UTG raises, rest all fold, Hero calls. HU

(18 BBs) River comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls. (20 BBs)

Okay, so maybe a CR on the flop would have been beter with the capper and likely flop bettor on my imm left. That and most are getting easy odds to call several different hands on the flop. No way to protect my hand I guess here. I bet anyways [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. UTG's speech of "I have a capping hand" likely meant that he had a good holding but he was an unknown to me still so I wan't going to auto give him credit just yet.

After he raises me on the turn I go into call down mode with this unknown. Pretty standard?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: AK in BB

NH. I expect to be chopping but am not surprised when he turns over the remaining aces. Why do you prefer a flop c/r here?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:10 PM

Just thoght it was a viable option now. But with it getting capped 6 ways PF a bet is probably the best route. Not trying to get fancy just wondering if a CR is better in this spot or just ABC betting out ec.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:11 PM

standard.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:14 PM

NH
Old 08-30-2007, 01:17 PM

Why isn't going for the checkraise the best route here? Or are we going for a bet/3bet and assuming lots of opponents will coldcall two in this large pot if capper 2bets?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why isn't going for the checkraise the best route here? Or are we going for a bet/3bet and assuming lots of opponents will coldcall two in this large pot if capper 2bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

if capper checks with KK and the table checks around it's a disaster.

i wrote something down about protection earlier, but deleted it b/c the pot is too huge for that to happen anyway. that said just betting out is the right play.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:22 PM

I like the bet because I assume UTG is going to make it 2 bets, which does actually make it incorrect for players with a pocket pair to call, while they would be correct to draw at their set for 1 bet.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:25 PM

I thought you played this hand pretty well. It was absolutely certain that villian had either AK (probably suited) or AA after he raised you on the turn. Later in the session he had made several other comments and shown down hands that defined what his speech meant, but at the time this hand went down there wasn't enough info to do anything but call it down.

I had you at better than 50% of chopping it.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:26 PM

His smooth on the flop threw me cause I did think I'd have a chance at a 3er on the flop there. When he raised the turn it did poss look like a slow played AA but still an unknown I have to call him down.