Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-26-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: 200NL - Yell at me

<3 big love (and polygamy obv)
Old 11-26-2007, 02:34 AM

Gonna get looked up unless you were already ahead. There's a large overlay in the pot, and he knows he bet weak on a superficially scary board.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Will, you are probably gonna have to explain the logic of that 3bet to me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

You already explained it

[ QUOTE ]
his 3bet call range is really narrow.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-26-2007, 10:44 AM

fold preflop
Old 11-26-2007, 11:18 AM

I don’t like the shove on the river. What are you trying to represent?

If he’s a thinking player he knows that if you have a set or two pair you have to bet the turn because of the possible flush and str8 draw. A str8 with 76s doesn’t make sense because with the 4 on the turn a lot of actionkiller can come on the river (any 6, any 7, any T and any club ) so that 76s have to bet the turn as well. And a big pocket pair likes to see a cheap river, right?

The only hand that maybe makes sense is 77, but would you 3-bet 77 preflop, check on this flop behind and call a small turn bet?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:29 AM

I suppose if he's a scarred/thinking player and you read the bet as a blocker and think he can talk himself into thinking there are way too many two pair hands and sets + straight out there you might have the FE to fold out TT-QQ
I guess "no relative history" means he doesn't know that you'd 3bet a 54s though?

That small bet certainly doesn't seem like a hand that we beat by calling. I'd expect a bigger bet from like an AcQc
Old 11-26-2007, 11:37 AM

i like the hand sometimes i like to mix it up much the same way i can see what you are trying to do. i guessing u cringed and looked away until he folded the river right? (i hope he mucked)
Old 11-26-2007, 12:12 PM

I agree that we cant win the hand by calling the river. And I also think that most of the time villian has TT or JJ, but by the river shove hes getting 2.5 to 1 pot-odds, so he only needs to win 29% of the time. By shoving $145 into a $143 pot he has to fold 50% of the time assuming that we can only win if hes folding.

If he has 70% of the time TT+ and in that case he will call 50% of the time than you don’t have enough FE to make a shove profitably.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played a hand very similar to this today. The only difference was that the HJ limped and I iso raised him with Q9s. He was similar in stats. Very tight typical muti tabler TAG. Anyways, he called and the flop was nearly identical (963 two tone maybe). When he checked to me I bet in order to induce a raise from what looks like a standard c-bet from what most likely missed this flop. He obliged and I 3bet. He dumped.

Point of my hijack is, I am not a fan of checking and inducing/play PC here. I would rather be aggressive at this pot on one street and then shut down given that you have position. Being aggressive early does two things. It may win the pot for you right there (a plus) or if he sticks around you were aggro on the cheap streets and can now have a good chance of seeing a free river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think betting this flop is pretty terrible. My hand is essentially a bluff-catcher on this flop.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:14 PM

If you believe your hand to be a bluff catcher on this flop, NOT betting is a pretty bad option as well as it narrows your range significantly and only succeeds in getting you 1 step towards a showdown where you feel you have zero equity.