Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-18-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Two-street semibluff?

[ QUOTE ]

Don't see much point to c/c turn. Flop you get nice implied odds for cheep and he will often give you 2 cards. But if turn bricks and he keeps firing all of that goes out the window.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree.

1. Horrible implied odds.
2. Not cheap, he overbet pot.
3. We have no reason to believe he'll often give us a free turn card.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:53 PM

damn pokey you´ve always been my idol and i thought you play every hand prefectly you´ve just ruined everything! Can´t you just delete the thread and pretend it never happened?
Old 11-18-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
damn pokey you´ve always been my idol and i thought you play every hand prefectly you´ve just ruined everything! Can´t you just delete the thread and pretend it never happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokey is still my idol, even if I play higher than he does [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2007, 02:57 PM

In fairness, I was sort of expecting that his hand does not always have a Q in it. Based on the previous hand, I was figuring him for an underpair -- that's why I thought I'd have some folding equity on the turn. If he had 88-JJ, that 4 was a GREAT bluff card for me. Maybe he smooth-calls the flop checkraise because he can't bring himself to believe that his beautiful little underpair is actually beaten; when the turn bricks and I continue betting strongly, he can finally talk himself into folding his JJ. I figured that if he didn't have a Q he was folding to this turn bet, and that if he DOES have a Q I've still got a 1-in-5 chance of winning on the river. If he folds to this turn bet just 1/3rd of the time, it's an EV-neutral proposition. Am I REALLY overstating things to think he'll dump it at least that often?
Old 11-18-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In fairness, I was sort of expecting that his hand does not always have a Q in it. Based on the previous hand, I was figuring him for an underpair -- that's why I thought I'd have some folding equity on the turn. If he had 88-JJ, that 4 was a GREAT bluff card for me. Maybe he smooth-calls the flop checkraise because he can't bring himself to believe that his beautiful little underpair is actually beaten; when the turn bricks and I continue betting strongly, he can finally talk himself into folding his JJ. I figured that if he didn't have a Q he was folding to this turn bet, and that if he DOES have a Q I've still got a 1-in-5 chance of winning on the river. If he folds to this turn bet just 1/3rd of the time, it's an EV-neutral proposition. Am I REALLY overstating things to think he'll dump it at least that often?

[/ QUOTE ]

But, based upon that previous hand, if he has a hand like TT isn't he checking behind the turn if you just call his flop bet?
Old 11-18-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But, based upon that previous hand, if he has a hand like TT isn't he checking behind the turn if you just call his flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's always a possibility, and at that point I take my two rolls of the dice with my eight-outer. However, isn't it better to try to steal the hand instead? I STILL get my eight outs twice, but I ALSO get folding equity.

Seriously, I ALWAYS misjudge folding equity. It seems that people change their calling ranges VERY abruptly, and for reasons I can't seem to fathom.

Poker is hard. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2007, 03:10 PM

Serious question: How strongly should Hero consider folding flop to the overbet?
Old 11-18-2007, 03:32 PM

I think the 4 at the turn makes the fold equity worse. Suitedconnectors seems to loose value OOP against callingstations since they hit draws alot more often than nuts.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:54 PM

his calling range on the flop is pretty much his calling range on the turn.

or in other words: you're getting called
Old 11-18-2007, 03:59 PM

I guess this is a big of a blanket statement, but most 35/12's are donkeys, and I hate bluffing donkeys cuz they don't get why folding marginal hands is important. Which is also why I fold this pf, of if I had 56s, I would c/c flop or lead flop. I really hate a c/r here vs a monkey just cuz they don't understand why folding marginal hands is so important.