Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 12:50 PM

Default AA in RR pot from way back when

This is a hand I played a while ago with jfreels on UB.

I had been doing a healthy amount of 3betting at this point, though I'd only shown down decent hands, maybe a light hand once (recently).

Jfreels plays about 23/16, probably a slightly more passive reg, AF of 2.5. I'm playing 20/18 or something at this point, very aggressive.

Only recent history is him opening 4 handed OTB, i repopped 1010, he like minish 4bets, I call, flop comes Kxx, I c/c flop, and turn and river check down. He shows A9o.

note we're like 150bb deep, which should factor in to your thought process. He bet the turn not too quick or slow, but he bet the river on the quick side.

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($126.60)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($283)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($312.90)</font>
BB ($51.60)
UTG ($370.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $26</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $19.

Flop: ($54) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $35</font>, Button calls $35.

Turn: ($124) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $80</font>, Hero calls $80.

River: ($284) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $142 (All-In)</font>, Hero
Old 11-18-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: AA in RR pot from way back when

At the table I call because I convince myself we're good more than 1/4 times. . . but are we rly?

If he has 2 pair including the KK on the board, he should be checking any turn through, so the turns he's betting are bluffs and 3 of a kind or better. So obv you made the correct play by calling.

On the river he shoves -- now given your turn play and river check he knows the strength of your hand unless he has no hand reading skills. He should also know what is river shove is going to look like to you, assuming he's thinking on at least the "2nd level".

I think that since you've been running over him there's a good chance he's trying to make a stand and this is air more than 1/4 times.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:41 PM

3-bet more PF since you are OOP and deep. I may just shove turn. He will convince himself to look you up with a lot of hands since you have been playing aggressive. As played, I call river.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:04 PM

your hand is fairly faceup as a medium strength hand that wants to get to showdown (ie. JJ/QQ/AA). whether he knows this or not is the Q (and if he feels he has strong FE for that matter in a bluff).

would you take this line with AK? maybe a bit irrelevant since i assume there isnt enough history between the two of you. i think his range is pretty wide here and there are plenty of bluffs in his range (most any pp, scs that floated the flop/etc). if you think he's for sure capable of bluffing here (maybe sounds like he isnt after that Kxx hand), i think you can call. otherwise, i dont mind a c/f.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:32 PM

I think I'd check the flop and go from there.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the table I call because I convince myself we're good more than 1/4 times. . . but are we rly?

If he has 2 pair including the KK on the board, he should be checking any turn through, so the turns he's betting are bluffs and 3 of a kind or better. So obv you made the correct play by calling.

On the river he shoves -- now given your turn play and river check he knows the strength of your hand unless he has no hand reading skills. He should also know what is river shove is going to look like to you, assuming he's thinking on at least the "2nd level".

I think that since you've been running over him there's a good chance he's trying to make a stand and this is air more than 1/4 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is pretty good analysis, I snapcalled b/c his river timing was terrible and I was fairly certain he could be bluffing here alot. I think we easily eliminate AK from his range, even some combo's of KQ which leaves us KJ, some KQ's and whatever a flop boat is (cant remember the card). Since I already knew he was bluffy and getting somewhat sick of me I decided to look him up. 107s no good