Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-18-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Beat: Looking for a stake - Brag: It\'s $25/50 NL and monies for you!

So if this post is out of line the mods can feel free to delete it. I think it should be okay given some other things I've seen posted here including blueman's and others' staking threads.

Basically, I am looking for investors in a stake for me to play $25/50 NL on Party Poker, iPoker, and possibly Full Tilt/Poker Stars.

One might ask why I need investors given how my results have been this year and the answer is that I really don't NEED them, but I'd like them. I invest a lot of my money almost as soon as I make it and have maybe only $60k online to play poker with at the moment. This is fine for playing $10/20, but at $25/50 it just isn't quite enough of a cushion. I'd rather keep my money in my investment accounts and keep investing in the future instead of putting it all on $25/50 (not to mention it is a giant pain in the ass to sell stock and juggle it around through different banks to get it back online). I'm also very risk-adverse and downswings and me don't get along well. If I dropped 10 buyins at $25/50 of my own money, I'd be in a pretty [censored] mood for a really long time.

The proposition is simple really. The stake will be totally segregated from my regular playing money and will only be for $25/50. Any play I do at $10/20 and $5/10 won't have any effect on this stake. The total of the stake will be $60,000 of which I will be supplying half ($30,000) and of which I will be selling half. My shares will be worth 100% of all wins and the shares I sell will be worth 50% of all wins. Both shares take on full responsibility for losses. The stake will begin from the date it is organized until January 1st, 2008 at which point either party can opt-out or decide to renew the agreement on a monthly basis. Rakeback amounts will be negligible and will be kept by me.

For example, if on January 1st the stake has won $100k at $25/50 - making its total value $160k - every investor will get back their original amount put up + 50% of their share of the wins. For example, if an investor put up $10k, then they would get back their original $10k + their $8.3k share in the profits (the other $8.3k goes to me for playing).

If on the other hand the stake ends up losing $60k (aka busto), every investor loses their original share of the money. If an investor put up $10k, they lose all of that $10k and get nothing in return. I would obviously be out my initial $30k as well.

Seems fairly simply and fair for all. I want to ward off anyone suggesting that a 50/50 split isn't fair is delusional. Obviously I should be compensated for my time and skill as the one playing beyond the share I've put up.

Some points worth noting:

- I'll be a super table selection nit, only playing at tables with 40+ VPIP fish where I have position.
- I'll initially be playing on Party and iPoker only though I reserve the right to add in Poker Stars or Full Tilt tables if they are good and after I get some datamines of them.
- I will still be playing $5/10 and $10/20 in the mean time. I won't be devoting all of my time to $25/50 but I will be sitting anytime I see a good game and feel in a good mood to play. Remember that my action at $5/10 and $10/20 is 100% mine and has nothing to do with this stake.
- Remember that all purchased shares are with 50% of winnings at the end of the stake, but are responsible for 100% of the losses.
- 12 buyins (the size of the stake) is slightly bigger than my biggest downswing ever in over 300,000 hands of No Limit and I'll be table selecting a ton. That said, this is a staking deal with risks. I've limited the size of the stake to only 12 buyins to maximize the return for investors, but this does carry some risk of ruin despite past results.

The size of each share will be $2,500, for a total of 24 shares of which I have already purchased 12. The other 12 are currently for sale. I won't deal with smaller shares as I don't want to waste my time distributing money. Shares can be purchased via Party Poker, iPoker, Poker Stars, or Full Tilt transfer; I'll worry about getting the money to the correct sites afterwards. You must send the money for the shares immediately, the original stake +/- any profits/losses will be sent back to you at the termination of the stake.

Below is my results for my last 145k hands to help anyone decide in investing or not.

Friends I know personally will get 24 hours to grab first dibs and after that it is first-come, first-serve. Feel free to ask any questions or ridicule me for need a stake lawlz.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Beat: Looking for a stake - Brag: It\'s $25/50 NL and monies for you!

ban
Old 11-18-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Beat: Looking for a stake - Brag: It\'s $25/50 NL and monies for yo

Why is the stake 30k from you and 30k from others but you mention losing 100k in your hypotheticals?
Old 11-18-2007, 12:38 AM

Oh yeah Metetron I will take one small blind of your action ($25).
Old 11-18-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is the stake 30k from you and 30k from others but you mention losing 100k in your hypotheticals?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he can't do maths obviously. I wouldn't stake this guy.

Real answer: Originally, the stake was going to be $100k total, but I decided to make it smaller. I'll edit the OP now.

I got 5 on it

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't read the minimums sir!
Old 11-18-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got 5 on it

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean you are staking him for 20% as much as me?

This does not make any sense.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I was too busy being a smartass.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I was too busy being a smartass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apology not accepted sir.