Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Bottom Trips on a double paired board

Ok, villian is passive. Limps a lot of buttons and is just the type of player you want to play HU for the most part. I have yet to see him bluff as he's played pretty tight/nitty so I've been giving him some respect when he bets. Can I bet this for value then just fold to a reraise or if I check, do I have to call a bet?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($214.80)
Button ($171.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Button calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, Button calls $4.

Flop: ($12) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($12) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, Button calls $6.

River: ($24) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???
Old 11-14-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Bottom Trips on a double paired board

Bet 1/2 pot and fold to a raise.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:30 AM

Bet/fold seems best, folding is easy to this villan when he raises river as I think you see a bluff very rarely, and his calling range is probably wider than his betting range if hes going to call with over pairs, which I would expect him to check behind most of the time. Having said that, we dont beat much else if he calls so you could make an argument for almost all options. Maybe your best option is getting a showdown as cheaply as possible to see his hand for future information?
Old 11-14-2007, 02:02 AM

I'd just check fold, I doubt he calls with worse.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:09 AM

yeh i check fold usually
Old 11-19-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right play &amp; beautiful avatar lol
Old 11-19-2007, 03:37 AM

bet the flop
Old 11-19-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I check but I'm not sure I fold. Passive players aren't necessarily incapable of calling this turn with some kind of draw and then bluffing a scary-looking board when checked to. Even if they would fire that bluff only a tiny portion of the time that they have no hand, it can still be worth a call since their river-betting range is usually so polarized that most of their likely hands that beat you will be too chicken to bet for value.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I check but I'm not sure I fold. Passive players aren't necessarily incapable of calling this turn with some kind of draw and then bluffing a scary-looking board when checked to. Even if they would fire that bluff only a tiny portion of the time that they have no hand, it can still be worth a call since their river-betting range is usually so polarized that most of their likely hands that beat you will be too chicken to bet for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think he dont valuebet any hand that beat a8 here? That he have trapped/ potcontrolled with, if you check to him. He have fh never so i check call, and 9x is easy value bet here, if heros line is check, half pot, check.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think he dont valuebet any hand that beat a8 here? That he have trapped/ potcontrolled with, if you check to him. He have fh never so i check call, and 9x is easy value bet here, if heros line is check, half pot, check.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't quite understand what you're saying, but yes, from the description in the OP, I think a lot of 9x hands will check behind this river. also some of those 9x hands might have bet the flop.