Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Play though a hand with me here....

My memory isn't 100%, but I think he limped once with AA. Then another time he raised preflop, but then check/called a non scary flop, and check raised the turn.

Yes, thats my thought process exactly- Not only are they scared of him due to his possible trickiness, but my call in EP also would scare them. I can't see anyone raising without a monster here, so I think its safe to call and hope for a multiway pot with great implied odds.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:05 PM

I don't mind the call here.

You are deep, implied odds are high.

When I do this I know before hand how I will handle an LP raise etc.

I also promise myself not to get too tied to my draws given my extremely crappy position.

Its not a crime to fold here, but calling with a clear plan is good too.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 03-06-2006, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My memory isn't 100%, but I think he limped once with AA. Then another time he raised preflop, but then check/called a non scary flop, and check raised the turn.

Yes, thats my thought process exactly- Not only are they scared of him due to his possible trickiness, but my call in EP also would scare them. I can't see anyone raising without a monster here, so I think its safe to call and hope for a multiway pot with great implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. Sounds like you have a plan.. I guess the other opponents would have to wake up with AA or KK to really a repop preflop right?

Brad
Old 03-06-2006, 01:09 PM

I don't mind a call by someone of your skill. However, for ME, I will fold in 2nd position, OOP, 100% of the time here. If UTG does something weird, this kind of cancels your read because now you have no idea what he's doing. If you had 87s+, I'd call, and 76s is tough. The stacks are depe enough for a call, but I really don't like it after his out of character play. However, your plan looks like a float call with a strong hand, so other players might be a little worried YOU have a strong hand. Had you been active?
Old 03-06-2006, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But... it feels as if this hand is going to be interesting so I'm glad you called. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess...cause I'd have turbomucked that from EP regardless of what the guys in front of me did. It's just way too marginal of a hand, even with all the reads you could possibly have. I dunno. 76s, I don't mind 65s, borderline. Suited connectors with a 5 as the high card I'm only playing when I can get in real cheap preflop with a lot of players in ahead of me to give some juicy implied odds.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:23 PM

Calling is probably ok. My main concern with calling is a raise behind me, or multiple callers behind me and I'm sandwiched in. But with deep stacks and huge implied odds and with you have position on miniraiser I can live with a call. Your hand is such, that you'll either hit the flop hard or dump it. Your hand may be very difficult to play if you flop a draw and there are multiple players behind you to act.

Bruce
Old 03-06-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had you been active?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am always very aggressive, so I always seem to think that others will perceive me as active and aggressive. However, I don't think that I had been all that noticably aggressive this day, and nobody had played with me before. I don't think anyone had any great read on me or that I had too much of an image in any particular direction.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:10 PM

Ok - so what happens after your call?
Old 03-06-2006, 03:11 PM

I'm kinda meh to calling here. I think you are gonna have a huge pot PF as there may be others at the table who have the same read and once UTG and UTG+1 are in it's a pretty good way to start a family pot. The only thing that I wouldn't like is getting it repopped to like 2500 behind me and being put to a tough decision. I think I may find a fold here- I would much prefer to be in LP or in one of the blinds but being as we have no hand unless you played it, I'm curious to see what the rest of the action is.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Had you been active?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am always very aggressive, so I always seem to think that others will perceive me as active and aggressive. However, I don't think that I had been all that noticably aggressive this day, and nobody had played with me before. I don't think anyone had any great read on me or that I had too much of an image in any particular direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand could be a great bluff opportunity for you if you get it HU postflop against someone you have a nice read on.