Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: d

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bad tags that cant make "big calls", they just look at their 1 pr and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess, but if they literally look at this for 5 seconds they will see we rep nothing. I know there are multitablers who don't, though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually disagree with this because when I go for a turn c/r and miss I go for the river too, especially if draws miss (with sets, 2pr, and this situation prob AK)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the heck would you go for a turn c/r here with a made hand on the drawiest board ever?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:11 PM

agaisnt an aggressive opponent why wouldn't you? or rather an opponent that you think floats/bets the turn here. Not saying this situation I think my opponent would, but in general if i have like KKK here and I feel hes gonna float me/semibluff, etc, I obviously lean towards a c/r. Does this make sense?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
agaisnt an aggressive opponent why wouldn't you? or rather an opponent that you think floats/bets the turn here. Not saying this situation I think my opponent would, but in general if i have like KKK here and I feel hes gonna float me/semibluff, etc, I obviously lean towards a c/r. Does this make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignoring the fact that all the sudden our 17/11/no history opponent is aggressive, I still don't like it. You're assumably going to bluff the turn K a good % of the time given your aggressive image, so he will discredit a turn bet even more. I would expect him make more moves if you bet rather than you checking, actually.

Most of his range is going to be either really strong, or a draw. If you have a great made hand, the money is going in anyway; if he has a draw, it can range from a pr + gutter to either a straight float to FD. All of his non-made hands don't want to get c/r and now have to either fold having good equity or continue putting a lot of money in as a dog, which points to him checking back a lot. It would then suck for any draw to get there, you bet, and get shoved on. Even though a c/r may be good from your perspective, your opponents hand range dictates that he will be doing everything is his power to prevent a c/r, unless he wants one.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:32 PM

nonono not vrs this 17/11, just an aggressive opponent in general. my point was just saying if I decide to c/r some guy on the turn and miss, i'll prob go for it again on the river b/c it looks so suspicious

all of this is like a variance play, normally i just bet like everything b/c i double this so much
Old 11-05-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nonono not vrs this 17/11, just an aggressive opponent in general. my point was just saying if I decide to c/r some guy on the turn and miss, i'll prob go for it again on the river b/c it looks so suspicious

all of this is like a variance play, normally i just bet like everything b/c i double this so much

[/ QUOTE ]

My post was addressing an aggressive player.

My point is that c/r the turn here is not a good play
Old 11-05-2007, 06:37 PM

Right which is why the default should be to just bet, but say for whatever reason we end up on this river with KKK, do you bet or c/r?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right which is why the default should be to just bet, but say for whatever reason we end up on this river with KKK, do you bet or c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

If by default you mean 99% of the time, then I agree. If we somehow get to the river with a set of kings, c/r them is good. You could conceivably c/r a lot worse, provided you don't have A hi [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 11-05-2007, 08:39 PM

If this guy was bad I might call or c/r, but proctor is halfway decent and can definitely be value betting a 9 here IMO.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:46 PM

no i can not really see a call because u can not beat much
Old 11-05-2007, 10:05 PM

he has nothing call