Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: 400NL - Gettin\' saucy

[ QUOTE ]
don't know what to say other than that i'm sure op has you beat the majority of the time he takes this line. op is only repping a few hands, but all of them are near-nut holdings. if this is the first time op has made a play like this on the villain, it should be hard for the villain to continue with almost all of the hands in his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree...bc his range is so narrow i think he is floating more often than he has a hand that is consistent with this range...keep in mind he cant even rep a good A
Old 10-29-2007, 03:03 PM

i know. op's line only reps trips or a boat. but i don't see why, as the villain, you'd put op on an elaborate float/bluff without a read that makes such a play likely. op noted that his image is "solid."
Old 10-29-2007, 03:17 PM

Agree that it seems pretty tough for OP to be representing an A here, what holding can he have that takes this line and satisfies this condition?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree that it seems pretty tough for OP to be representing an A here, what holding can he have that takes this line and satisfies this condition?

[/ QUOTE ]

any reasonable 9 or 33 THAT IS IT
tannen, it depends...but i feel like his floating range is larger than the range he is repping...this gets even worse if he raises the flop with a 9, which may VERY likely be that case

also, i think this is a horrible board to float
and this is a bad turn for your float...the A smacked his range and he prolly isnt folding a good A to you and souldnt be folding any A to you
Old 10-29-2007, 06:03 PM

I'd like this better vs someone who wasn't 17/13. That being said, this probably works a fair amount vs a nit with mediocre hand reading skills, but it's pretty unlikely that he has air here.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:17 PM

Hate it. I'd rather call and bet if checked to on the river if I'm gonna bluff. Do you actually raise an ace here when you do have it?
Old 10-29-2007, 06:27 PM

I would much rather bluff raise the flop than float.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:53 PM

dont like your plan for this hand on the flop, ace is obv a very good card for this move but you are really hoping a higher type card come so u can pull this move. Its so much easier to pull this move when the flop is AAx as people will always but you on the ace
Old 10-31-2007, 01:15 PM

basically just depends how often your opponent double barrels and whether he can hand read or not.

if he is mediocre hand reader and double barrels a lot then this is good. i definitely run this type of play now and then vs tagfish and bad nits.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
basically just depends how often your opponent double barrels and whether he can hand read or not.

if he is mediocre hand reader and double barrels a lot then this is good. i definitely run this type of play now and then vs tagfish and bad nits.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying hero isn't representing a hand, or just that the range of hands hero is representing is narrow?

and if it's the second one, do you think it's always bad to bluff when you can only represent a few hands?