Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-22-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Dexter: 10/21 (Episode 4?)

this show is so awesome
Old 10-22-2007, 01:26 PM

One part that threw me was how he was able to bring his sponsor into the morgue tent? I would think the tent would have very restricted access and you wouldnt just be able to bring in anyone off the street.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:16 PM

wow I really cant wait till next weeks episode. This is by far my favorite show. Its obvious he wants to tell his sponsor but can he actually tell her?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Looking forward to the next few episodes. It will be tough to top the first season and how it picked up steam until it was a freight train. The Ice Truck Killer storyline and how it involved Dexter is one of the best story arcs I've seen on TV in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Maybe the best single season of any series I've ever watched.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on Dexter telling sponsor.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Dexter confesses to anyone, I hope it's Masuka. Dexter having a confederate in the PD would be great and Masuka seems twisted enough to go along with it.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on Dexter telling sponsor.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Dexter confesses to anyone, I hope it's Masuka. Dexter having a confederate in the PD would be great and Masuka seems twisted enough to go along with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I think he'd be more glad he's not killing prostitutes. Doakes will likely find out first, though he'll do it through his own detective work, IMO. It seems like his side-plot last night gave us a little more insight into his inner workings and I get the feeling he'd actually think more highly of Dexter after finding out.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doakes will likely find out first, though he'll do it through his own detective work, IMO. It seems like his side-plot last night gave us a little more insight into his inner workings and I get the feeling he'd actually think more highly of Dexter after finding out.

[/ QUOTE ] mmmm I think the complete opposite. First he stopped stalking dexter when he found out he was at a NA meeting, so its going to be hard for him to find out. Also he was suppose to help the ranger guy because they were both rangers and still refused and shot him. Theres no way he thinks higher of dexter if he finds out hes a serial killer. Sponsor is def most likely to find out. Ritas mom is probably also in the running but I highly doubt he'd actually tell her. I think Masuzaka(sp?) would be my first choice if he was ok with it which Im not sure he would be.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:04 PM

Anyone finding out about dexter who's also ok with it would ruin the show imo.

This episode was good, but not a lot really happened. Looking forward to next week.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doakes will likely find out first, though he'll do it through his own detective work, IMO. It seems like his side-plot last night gave us a little more insight into his inner workings and I get the feeling he'd actually think more highly of Dexter after finding out.

[/ QUOTE ] mmmm I think the complete opposite. First he stopped stalking dexter when he found out he was at a NA meeting, so its going to be hard for him to find out. Also he was suppose to help the ranger guy because they were both rangers and still refused and shot him. Theres no way he thinks higher of dexter if he finds out hes a serial killer. Sponsor is def most likely to find out. Ritas mom is probably also in the running but I highly doubt he'd actually tell her. I think Masuzaka(sp?) would be my first choice if he was ok with it which Im not sure he would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think Doakes not following Dexter around any more will be only temporary. Maybe it's just because we know Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher, but Dexter seems way too interested in the breakthroughs in the case, which is normal given the situation (but not for Dexter). It might throw up a red flag for Doakes. Secondly, there's a big difference between killing your wife and killing murderers, especially ones Doakes wanted to take down. I probably chose my words poorly for that last point, I guess I really meant that maybe he'd understand why Dexter was so odd and view him in a different light.

I'd put Deb down as my second choice, followed by sponsor.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:16 PM

Masuka doesn't seem like a serious enough character for Dexter to give such a massive revelation to. 90% of his lines are for comic relief. I don't see someone finding out. The whole show is about Dexter's character people finding out wouldn't be nearly as interesting as him confiding in someone.