Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel

Old 09-13-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Where should I spend the Winter?

My only trip to London was in march, and it rained for a week straight. Had a good time, but in the rain.

Am considering Australia seriously.
Anyone know how easy it is to get a 6 month tourist visa instead of the normal 3 month one?
Old 09-13-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My only trip to London was in march, and it rained for a week straight. Had a good time, but in the rain.

Am considering Australia seriously.
Anyone know how easy it is to get a 6 month tourist visa instead of the normal 3 month one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just get the 3 month and take a trip to New Zealand or Asia during your time there. That's my plan. If you end up in Australia this summer, let me know; I'll be there as well.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:46 PM

I talked to a couple ticket discounters yesterday.

First stop involved me explaining to a Turkish woman in broken German that I wanted prices to Bangkok, Sydney, and Buenos Aires. Hilarity ensues.

2nd stop went better. Can get reasonable flight to BA on a six month return that would get me to the States for my niece's HS graduation. About the same price gets me to Australia, but doesn't route through the US (so no free trip home). Thailand is the cheapest, but comes out about same as BA if I want to end up in America.

Could've gotten an insanely cheap ticket to Isla de Magarita Venezuela if I'd wanted to leave today (guy specializes in last minute fares). He also was pushing Cuba pretty hard (he has a gf there and loves the country), but I'm looking for a place to settle in for a bit and be fairly comfortable. If I really wanted adventure, he had trips to a wildlife park in Kenya even cheaper than Oz or Argentina (and I've always wanted to try one of those Kenya-Cape Town overland trips).

So many choices.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:34 PM

south africa, new zealand, or aust. for great weather. tasmania for more quiet and wildlife(animals)

bounce around all over till it rings your bell. n.z. does it the best for me along with tasmania. as i am not interested in large cities. although auckland is fantastic, as well as melbourne