Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Old 07-19-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: ** To All Forum Posters: A Note on Tone **

It was disgusting at fullcontactpoker.com's forum, at around page 103 on the FT thread, several guys started posting racist Asian jokes when they could not handle the reality of an Asian vs Asian HU match, so by that measure the 2+2 community can stand proud, right?
Old 07-19-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

IOW, I am agreeing with OP, but "intelligent posters" wanting to keep the forum out of the gutter, are few and far between. Even among owners and mods it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do understand your cynicism. As a moderator, I can only concern myself with the Tournaments forum. I do think there are different standards that are intentionally applied across different forums with those "Off Topic" being more liberal.

I did allow the Brandi threads here that pertained specifically to the WSOP, which I know some disagreed with. However, I tried to use my best judgment to moderate them to remain suitable for this forum.

I see Tournaments to be more comparable to posting in a 2p2 strat forum, though there will be some divergence as opinions on play and players in tournaments is bound to be in the mix.

My only request in that regard is that opinions be stated with some thought and without name calling.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was disgusting at fullcontactpoker.com's forum, at around page 103 on the FT thread, several guys started posting racist Asian jokes when they could not handle the reality of an Asian vs Asian HU match, so by that measure the 2+2 community can stand proud, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, it was about that time that 2+2 decided to pile on the Christian bashing...
Old 07-21-2007, 03:19 PM

I agree. It's much more fun to bash people with style and maturity.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a trend in posts in the last 24 hours with titles such as:

"Do you hate Jerry Yang already?"
"Khan Acted like a retard and I am glad he is gone"
"Phil Gordon is a Horses Ass"

In my opinion, all of these only serve to make the forum look bad.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for free speech. Yet, any of these ideas can be expressed just as well without the grade school name calling.

2p2 is the highest volume poker forum to my knowledge, which is why the site gets mentioned for example on the WSOP PPV broadcast.

Please give it two seconds thought before proceeding directly to the gutter. I really think we're better than this. I'm confident that the tons of intelligent posters that participate here can demonstrate that.

Thank you,

entertainme

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord. Well said.