Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: StatMonkey: -[8.5/4.6/1.9]-

why worry about beating him, he's only putting $ in 8% of the pots. and when he opens those 5 out of 100 pots, just fold unless you have a monster.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why worry about beating him, he's only putting $ in 8% of the pots. and when he opens those 5 out of 100 pots, just fold unless you have a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's exactly why we have these posts: to cure these misperceptions. We can do better than this.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:29 PM

We gotta raise the pot everytime he limps and we're in position on him. Notice he's not 8/8, he's 8/4.5 so he's limping in about half the time.

He folds over 90% of his hands in the blinds!!! That's such an easy raise from the BTN/CO depending on who's between the two of you. I'd probably be raising at least half the time it's folded to me in the BTN/CO.

Postflop play: he's got a big aggression factor postflop for being such a huge huge nit. Just let him bet into you when you have position and you have a big hand (top two, set, flush, etc). We're probably going to try to raise the turn on him since he's more aggressive there (i.e. if he gets to the turn he's much more likely to bet/raise).

I'd be really willing to lay down big PPs on low boards vs. this guy.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:39 PM

Ya, I want him on my left to steal his blinds, and when he checks to me I will bet. If he shows any aggression ie. raises me and I dont have a monster I fold.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's exactly why we have these posts: to cure these misperceptions. We can do better than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know pokey, it just seems like there will be much easier spots at the table to make money, he doesn't figure to be playing anything worse than TT+, AQ, and AK. why would you get involved with this guy with out a monster.

with that said, i'd probably call his raises with small pairs and suited connectors to try and bust him, but i don't know if that's +EV if i never have a chance to take the pot away if i don't hit?

best plan is probably to steal his blinds and get out of the way if he raises (unless you have a big hand)
Old 07-12-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know pokey, it just seems like there will be much easier spots at the table to make money, he doesn't figure to be playing anything worse than TT+, AQ, and AK. why would you get involved with this guy with out a monster.

with that said, i'd probably call his raises with small pairs and suited connectors to try and bust him, but i don't know if that's +EV if i never have a chance to take the pot away if i don't hit?

best plan is probably to steal his blinds and get out of the way if he raises (unless you have a big hand)

[/ QUOTE ]

we can take away the pot often enough when we dont hit. this whole thread has been about how low his flop af numbers are, allowing us to steal pots after the flop when he checks to us.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:50 AM

his pf agression is high enough that it seems clear that he overplays his hands when he does have something. i'd rather have someone like that in front of me than behind, because i can play more speculative hands against them and get paid when i hit. these are the guys that complain about how bad players run them down, right after getting 90% of their stack in bad post-flop.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not intending to hijack the thread or anything, but how does this change if he's playing a 16/15/5 style instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone else nailed this - 16/15 is very close to tag stats.

I for one, have had trouble at the tables, and temporarily switched to super tight play.

Let's just say that my normal stats are around 23/18 usually typical 2p2 opening standards.

When I stopped raising Axs and SC's from MP, and really tightened up in the SB, it dropped me down to around 16/12, which is pretty close to that number. It's nitty, but not -that- nitty.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we can take away the pot often enough when we dont hit. this whole thread has been about how low his flop af numbers are, allowing us to steal pots after the flop when he checks to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

my mistake, i thought he had a high Went to SD %
Old 07-15-2007, 12:05 PM

I raise him with all kinds of hands and try to be overagrro, because he will fold a lot of hands and he will probably only play back if he has something. Just steal, steal, steal and bluff if he might have missed. Then if he plays back we're not handing out anything more.